Tracker Software Review: Meeting 8¶
November 1, 2017: 1400 GMT¶
Agenda¶1. Actions from previous meetings
- AD: Optimize Chi2 cut for “MINUIT” variant
- AD, CH: Check and implement MCS errors
- AD, KL: Define multi-track requirements
- Track fit:
- Investigate whether field integration (e.g. using Runge Kutta) is required to compensate for magnetic field non-uniformity
- Make study of magnetic-field alignment with a view to establishing whether the present algorithm is sufficiently insensitive to reasonable assumptions of maximum field-misalignment
- Study p-value: split up contributions to p-value shape using MC and study shape in data, e.g. is there an error in the resolution per plane, handling of MCS, handing of energy loss, b field..
- 50 MeV bump -- more pronounced with MINUIT?
- CR reports lower downstream efficiency, and fewer events in analysis when using MINUIT -- should MINUIT continue to be the default fitter in MAUS?
3. PR Report: A. Dobbs
4. Track fit Report: C. Hunt
5. Next Steps for review