Tracker Software Review: Meeting 2¶
May 26, 2017: 1400 BST¶
- Introduction - K. Long
- Actions from previous meeting
- Compare data/MC efficiencies for 8681
- In adding unused spacepoint, show the distribution of distance of unused s.p & its correlation with #pe
- Low pt: Consider doing a straight track fit first and pass to Kalman if it passes chi2/other requirements
- Generate list of uncertainties and show what has been done so far (alignment, scattering, energy loss, field uniformity, etc)
- Check dead channel & noise handling in MC
- Pattern recognition update: A. Dobbs tracker-recon-status.pdf, p-value, 8681, CR p-value.pdf
- Kalman & track fitting overview: C. Hunt Track_fit_overview.pdf
- Next Steps for review
- Tracker Software Paper: attachment:"https://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/attachments/download/8741/MICE-Tracker-Software-Publication.pdf"
Minutes from previous meeting (April 27, 2017)¶
- Attendance: KL, PK, DR, CR, DC, AD, MU, EO, AB
DC: In determining #turns, do we have enough information to tell if there could be > 1 rotation between stations? Has such a restriction been imposed — can it be imposed — in selecting “ideal events”?
DC: Does MC show the same pattern of lower TKD efficiency?
— are dead channels and noise handled correctly in the MC?
MU: Noise smearing added by Heidt; AD notes it’s not part of standard production
KL: we don’t want to rely on the MC for this unless we really have to
Action: Check dead channel & noise handling in MC
Action: Check MC of this run 8681 & compare efficiencies with data
- Sources of error:
CR: Need a list of sources of uncertainty: alignment, scattering, energy loss, field uniformity, etc and present what studies have been done — Action
- Unused spacepoints:
DC: In adding unused spacepoint, show the distribution of distance of unused s.p & its correlation with #pe — Action
- Pt singularity:
AB, DC: why not just run straight track fit 1st, if it satisfies chi2, then send to Kalman instead of trying to do a helical?
Q: can Kalman reconstruct a helical from the straight?
CH: Think so, if seeded properly.
Action: This should be studied