Tracker Performance Discussion #3¶
Date: 1st July 2015
Time: 16:30 UK time
Attendance: AD, CHeidt, CHunt, EO, CRogers, YPS, MU
Testing tracker and reconstruction¶
“Raw” data: YPS & CHunt:¶
- Yingpeng getting set up;
- Chris Hu is running non-zero suppressed reconstruction to be able to see the full ADC distribution;
- Debug histograming code in parallel to processing the data.
- Plots required:
- Pulse-height per channel; one histogram per channel channel;
- Mask out “hot” channels at calibration level; add to bad channel list;
- Hits above “2 PE” per plane;
- Weighted mean pulse height per channel; plot per plane;
- Generate list of dead/noisy channels;
- E.g. dead channels observed equidistant from imagined centre line
- Study timing wrt TOF
- Has looked at a standard data set. Observation that there are twice as many two-hit clusters than 1-hit clusters. Check with Ed Santos’ thesis and Chris Heidt.
- Make sure the “255” channels are placed in an “overflow” bin.
- Plots we need:
- N_chan/cluster: one plot per plane;
- N_pe per cluster (same sets of plots as for raw);
- Cluster position per plane
Space points: MU¶
- Issues with using offline framework;
- Agree: AD: will make consistent installation of third-party libraries. All will link against that.
- N_chan per station
- Kuno plot per station
- x/y plot for 2-cluster space point and 3-cluster space points per plane
- Plot projections with mean and rms per plane
Pattern recognition: CHunt (with AD help)¶
- Has made individual Chi2 plots per track and per tracker;
- Road-width cut needs to be added into the reconstruction. CHu/AD will decide how to do it.
- Plots required:
- Plot road-width cut;
- Plot chi2;
- N_space_points per tracker;
Track fit: CHunt¶
- Usual set of plots (pulls, chi2, etc.)
- Loop back when other pieces are checked out.
- YPS getting setup - ongoing, paperwork...
- Non-zero suppressed ADC, NPE plots made - CHunt
- We shouldn't be seeing 1 or 2 NPE clusters, but we are, may be bug in recon - CHunt
- NPE distros looking better though - EO
- Processed data will be stored at IC on
- N_chan / cluster, NPE / cluster plots made - CHunt
- DubVsTripSPRun7157002.pdf - Top middle is US tracker, top right is DS tracker (mislabelled) - MU
- Central MAUS install at IC:
- Combined x and y chisq of fits fixed - CHunt
- No update
- Dead channel hunting: moved from CHunt to CHeidt
- Tracker data workshop: provisional date of this Monday, 10am, at RAL (MICE office)
- MU very concerned about not having sufficient data to perform alignment, estimated 100k - 200k straight track triggers.
- CR - need to evidence that, or request will be refused.
- MU to add her workings, CR to analyse.
- MU will make case for another data run at operations meeting this evening.
- Provisionally tomorrow at 16:30 BST
- The four digit company id: 4673 (callers from outside the UK)
- The pin number: 419357
|UK (Imperial College --preferred)||0845 545 4460||English|
|Austria||0820 4000 1503||English|
|0820 4000 15 02||German|
|Belgium||070 35 99 45||English|
|070 35 99 94||Dutch|
|070 35 98 66||French|
|Canada||1 712 432 2832||English|
|1 712 432 2844||French|
|Germany||01803 001 178||English|
|01570 248 8303||English (mobile)|
|01803 001 177||German|
|01570 248 8101||German (mobile)|
|Ireland||0818 270 007||English|
|Italy||848 390 166||English|
|848 391 819||Italian|
|Netherlands||0870 001 901||English|
|0870 001 909||Dutch|
|Poland||0801 003 543||English|
|0801 003 533||Polish|
|South Africa||087 550 0375||English|
|Spain||902 885 318||English|
|902 881 200||Spanish|
|Sweden||0939 2066 400||English|
|0939 2066 300||Swedish|
|Switzerland||0848 560 190||English|
|0848 560 378||French|
|0848 560 347||German|
|0848 560 385||Italian|
|United Kingdom (PowWowNow)||0844 4 73 73 73||English|
|United States||1 415 363 0833||English|
Updated by Dobbs, Adam almost 8 years ago · 15 revisions