TrackerInstallDocs » History » Revision 8
Tracker Install Documentation¶
Hopefully this page will serve as a tree, which details can be hung off.. I will try to keep this filled in with documentations..
Computing (DAQ, Configuration, Calibration)¶
- This computer runs the trackerioc, and has a fraction of "james legacy code". The configuration code is located in the mice epics repositories. At present there is only the epicsDev version present:
- The central "deposit" for tracker information, code fragments, analysis scripts, configurations, etc.. is:
/home/epics/trackerThis information is backed up to the MLCR backup system (see: [[online:MICENETBackups]]) and is shared with other tracker applications via nfs. If re-making the machine, restore this folder, and export, by adding the following to /etc/exports:
/export *.micenet.rl.ac.uk(fsid=0) /export/tracker miceacq16.micenet.rl.ac.uk(rw) miceacq17.micenet.rl.ac.uk(rw)Also, set:
mount --bind /export/tracker /home/epics/trackerAdd the equivalent line to fstab.
Then enabled with:
/etc/init.d/nfs start chkconfig nfs on
Legacy code (soon to be deprecated). These programs can be found in:¶
To configure stuff:
- Launch the "AFEIItServerInterfaceUI", Load configuration file, Hit Initialise, then Play button.
- Launch the "AFEIItConfigurationUI", Load configuration file, Hit Initialise, then Configure All (this takes 10mins - things look like they crashed, they did not, have faith).
TrDAQ: miceacq16, miceacq17¶
- The tracker "deposit" should be mounted in /home/daq/tracker.
- Scripts to run TrDAQ can be found in the scripts folder. Try to use these scripts, they put the data somewhere sane, with a sane name!
The code for calibration should live in the "deposit", in mice-tracker-calibrations.
Installation:¶For the tracker calibration code, you need the following:
- MySQL database.
- MySQL interface from python:
cd /home/daq/Software/ExtApps wget https://pypi.python.org/packages/source/M/MySQL-python/MySQL-python-1.2.5.zip unzip MySQL-python-1.2.5.zip cd MySQL-python-1.2.5 python setup.py build python setup.py install (AS ROOT).