TrackerInstallDocs » History » Version 15
Overton, Edward, 19 May 2015 10:03
h1. Tracker Install Documentation
Hopefully this page will serve as a tree, which details can be hung off.. I will try to keep this filled in with documentations..
h1. Computing (DAQ, Configuration, Calibration)
h2. Controls: miceiocpctk
* This computer runs the trackerioc, and has a fraction of "james legacy code". The configuration code is located in the mice epics repositories. At present there is only the epicsDev version present:
* The central "deposit" for tracker information, code fragments, analysis scripts, configurations, etc.. is:
<pre>/home/epics/tracker</pre> This information is backed up to the MLCR backup system (see: [[online:MICENETBackups]]) and is shared with other tracker applications via nfs. If re-making the machine, restore this folder, and export, by adding the following to /etc/exports:
/export/tracker miceacq16.micenet.rl.ac.uk(rw) miceacq17.micenet.rl.ac.uk(rw)
</pre>Also, set: <pre> mount --bind /export/tracker /home/epics/tracker </pre> Add the equivalent line to fstab. Then enable nfs with:
chkconfig nfs on </pre>
h2. TrackerIOC (Control Software)
The controls for the tracker have been extended and now this procedure should be used.
h3. Starting IOC
The IOC lives in /home/epics/epicsDEV/iocTops/Tracker on miceiocpctk. It can be started:
1. Check that the process is not running: ps aux | grep st.cmd
2. Run the script: ./startTK.sh
h3. Control GUIS:
The GUIS for control can be found on the menus under:
* Spectrometer Tracking -> Trackers -> Tracker Control
* Spectrometer Tracking -> Trackers -> Tracker Monitoring
h3. Expert Socket access:
An Expert can control the trackers at a low level using port 44797 on miceiocpctk. For a command list connect to the socket and type H followed by return. When the socket is opened it will block all access via the C&M functions.
h3. Legacy code (deprecated). These programs can be found in:
To configure stuff:
# Launch the "AFEIItServerInterfaceUI", Load configuration file, Hit Initialise, then Play button.
# Launch the "AFEIItConfigurationUI", Load configuration file, Hit Initialise, then Configure All (this takes 10mins - things look like they crashed, they did not, have faith).
h2. TrDAQ: miceacq16, miceacq17
* The tracker "deposit" should be mounted in /home/daq/tracker.
* Scripts to run TrDAQ can be found in the scripts folder. Try to use these scripts, they put the data somewhere sane, with a sane name!
* The TrDAQ code can be found in TrackerDAQ_ctlrm (this is now under vc via bzr). This is the control room version, the github version has not been studied close enough to figure out what has happened in between.
* Some info on how the VLSB boards work in DATE can be found: [[TrackerDATE]]
The calibtation process has been streamlined into a number of steps:
# Ensure that the external LED pulser is connected and in the right integration bucket and being triggered.
# Ensure the normal C&M software is running and nobody is using the "Expert Socket" on port 44797).
# Launch tracker/scrips/RunCalibration.py
* This script will acquire data for a range of bias settings with LED on and off.
* Data will be saved to tracker/data/calib/
# Launch the BiasCalibrator script in tracker/analysis/CalibrationCheck, with arguments pointing at the folder where the calibration data is stored.
* During the calibtation data taking a log is mentained with the led state, and bias states ("campaign.json").