Mock Data Challenge Plan » History » Version 4
George, Melissa, 15 January 2015 15:59
h1. Mock Data Challenge Plan
To test the Tracker system from a trigger through the DAQ and software. If possible with cold cryostats and at at least one tracker with full waveguides in place.
* Get a working trigger input from the LED system
* One tracker with cold cryos
* One with full waveguides attached
* Understand noise in the system
* DAQ - Use code that is committed into the repository and hardware defined in the database and updated firmware on VME boards.
* LED - repeat November test with everything on LED system hooked up (unless we have a serious noise problem) and determine light yield required.
* understand grounding.
* To have a working monitoring and online reconstruction tool patched into v7r3 in the control room.
* Both trackers with cold cryos
* Both trackers with full waveguides attached
* LED - determine appropriate brightness required by LED system and set it if possible
* Reduce noise to acceptable levels (cryostat grounding).
* Fix issues with grounding (vme crates etc)
* The monitoring and online reconstruction tool patched int v7r3 in the control showing sensible readout.