Date: 9th Aug 2015
Time: 15:00 UK time
Attendance: Melissa, Paul, Adam, Ray Chris Heidt,
Agenda and Minutes¶
Actions from Last Meeting¶
- Prepare a tag out lock out procedure to stop people turning things off that we don't want them to (He etc. - Add the above to the controls and monitoring alarms so that if the above happens we know - Pierrick. - ongoing
- Add to John Govans' rota for daily walk round to test our setup. - Pierrick. - ongoing
- Multiple tracks per Tracker. - Durga - ongoing
- Calibration is in good state to go in CDB. Has not made it into last release though - C Heidt - ongoing branch being created
- Startup and operations procedure to be added to the ISIS Tracker user document. - MU - ongoing branch being created
1. Status of hardware,¶
Run readiness: EO, AB, CMW, PR, MU¶
Since last user run the trackers have been used but not heavily.
Since last week 24/7 detector running begun - pedestal noise and LED data. -data is only available in MLCR
Data runs automatically and emails Ed if something goes wrong
Running okay but cryo 3 power cuts out intermittently - PS to be changed - ACTION
DAQ upgraded from Davids old code.
Regular calibration peds and led runs should happen throughout runs so we need to implement a structure for this with shifter instructions. - Ed to speak to Steve.
Very few errors using new DAQ code. Ed is currently working out the best analysis method. Tolerance levels needs to be determined. - ACTION
May add tolerance references to online monitoring plots.
Calibration data goodness test needs to be done - Action
Cryo2 compressor broken. Replaced by Hydrogen test system spare.
Hall Probes: MU¶*Installed US
- Running taking data since Friday
MICE hall, inc Services and requirements : CM, GB,¶
- Helium fill - Diffuser rebuild 0n target for Oct 16th with a fitting date of Oct 19th and a new guy Antonio on board to help the fitting
- Interlocks. - delayed to next available point. Must not happen too close to a user run.
- Tracker lab tidied.
Ongoing Plan: EO, AB, CMW, PR, MU
2. Software: PK, AD, CHunt, CHeidt¶
- CDB going in
- CHeidt - looking at low level data to test for sign flip. - ongoing
Geometry, Calibrations, Configurations, CDB - C. Heidt¶
- In a good state waiting on Durga for multiple tracks per Tracker.
Pattern Recognition - AD,¶
- No method to get multiple tracks per trigger as not available in MC.
- Happy now with straight line track fitting. However there are still some outliers that have to be understood.
- Helical tracks would be interesting to have but may not be in the next user run. Only 1% with more than 1 track in each tracker.
Online Displays - MU¶
- Committed and in latest release. Need to add Kuno plot and info box.
Performance and Analysis - PK¶
Tracker Software Paper and Documentation - AD, PK DR¶
- See https://code.launchpad.net/~phuccj/maus/scifipaper PLEASE LOOK AND REVIEW
- C. Heidt: MC documentation needs updating
3. Analysis of first data¶
- Update on bad channel noting/removing - Chris Heidt
5. Optimising the DAQ and Controls and Monitoring - EO, AB, PR¶
8. Tracker Documentation¶
We need to produce documentation for the control room and ISIS, for Steve B. We cannot necessarily get that far with operations and startup as we are not yet working with the CandM as we will but we can write something and finalise safety details.¶
Need to add startup and operations procedure to the document.
- Startup Procedure
- Operations Procedure
- Tracker Online Emergency Procedure
- Documentation for ISIS and eventually shifters in what to do in an emergency situation for the Tracker when running
Documentation to Include:
- schematics of the system
- a list of associated checklists at power on, and who works through them.
- a list of instructions to shifters on how to operate and monitor the system
- emergency shutdown instructions
- power-up instructions
- trouble-shooting : what to watch for
- a list of regular maintenance and safety checks
- A beta version is available at http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/tracker/wiki/TrackerOperationsDocs - MU
5. Other Items¶
- Installation Manual - GB MU - ongoing
- LED system - EO - External used for calib, Internal not used since Dec but will be used after gain and pedestals determined.
Next meeting will be a face to face at RAL to review progress and what needs to be done before step IV.¶
- Add 24/7 tracker data runs to grid.
- cryo3 PS to be swapped 11/9/15
- Add regular off MICE running led and pedestal tests to grid. - ED Paolo and Henry
- Regular calibration peds and led runs should happen throughtout runs so we need to implement a structure for this with shifter instructions. - Ed to speak to Steve.
- Determine tolerance levels for all calibration parameters - ED and ALL!
- Calibration data goodness test needs to be done - Ed
- Interlocks move. - tell Daresbury Must not happen too close to a user run. -MU
- Need new compressor spare to replace that o=from cryo2 and new borrowed spare from H system - MU to check with Craig.
- The four digit company id: 4673 (callers from outside the UK)
- The pin number: 419357
|UK (Imperial College --preferred)||0845 545 4460||English|
|Austria||0820 4000 1503||English|
|0820 4000 15 02||German|
|Belgium||070 35 99 45||English|
|070 35 99 94||Dutch|
|070 35 98 66||French|
|Canada||1 712 432 2832||English|
|1 712 432 2844||French|
|Germany||01803 001 178||English|
|01570 248 8303||English (mobile)|
|01803 001 177||German|
|01570 248 8101||German (mobile)|
|Ireland||0818 270 007||English|
|Italy||848 390 166||English|
|848 391 819||Italian|
|Netherlands||0870 001 901||English|
|0870 001 909||Dutch|
|Poland||0801 003 543||English|
|0801 003 533||Polish|
|South Africa||087 550 0375||English|
|Spain||902 885 318||English|
|902 881 200||Spanish|
|Sweden||0939 2066 400||English|
|0939 2066 300||Swedish|
|Switzerland||0848 560 190||English|
|0848 560 378||French|
|0848 560 347||German|
|0848 560 385||Italian|
|United Kingdom (PowWowNow)||0844 4 73 73 73||English|
|United States||1 415 363 0833||English|