Date: 9th Aug 2015
Time: 15:30 UK time
Attendance: Melissa, John, Chris Hunt, Adam, Paul K.
Agenda and Minutes¶
Actions from Last Meeting¶
- Prepare a tag out lock out procedure to stop people turning things off that we don't want them to (He etc. - Add the above to the controls and monitoring alarms so that if the above happens we know - Pierrick.
- Add to John Govans' rota for daily walk round to test our setup. - Pierrick.
- Multiple tracks per Tracker. - Durga
- Calibration is in good state to go in CDB. Has not made it into last release though - C Heidt
- Multiple tracks per Tracker. - Durga
- Request a meeting three weeks from now to determine plots for online and offline monitoring following the data analysis works. - PK
- Prepare a tag out lock out procedure to stop people turning things off that we don't want them to (He etc. - Add the above to the controls and monitoring alarms so that if the above happens we know - Pierrick. -
- Add to John Govans' rota for daily walk round to test our setup. - Pierrick. -
- Startup and operations procedure to be added to the ISIS Tracker user document. - MU
1. Status of hardware, commissioning work and ongoing plan EO, AB, CMW, PR, MU¶
- Evolving schedule is online at http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/documents/141.
2. Software Software: PK, AD, CHunt, CHeidt¶
Geometry, Calibrations, Configurations, CDB - C. Heidt¶
- All in CDB. Has not made it into last release though - ACTION
- In a good state waiting on Durga for multiple tracks per Tracker.
Pattern Recognition - AD,¶
- No method to get multiple tracks per trigger as not available in MC.
- Happy now with straight line track fitting. However there are still some outliers that have to be understood.
- Helical tracks would be interesting to have but may not be in the next user run. Only 1% with more than 1 track in each tracker.
Online Displays - MU¶
- Committed and in latest release. Need to add Kuno plot and info box.
Performance and Analysis - PK¶
- Data handling has improved significantly, no data on this yet as its a moving target improving all the time.
Tracker Software Paper and Documentation - AD, PK DR¶
- See https://code.launchpad.net/~phuccj/maus/scifipaper PLEASE LOOK AND REVIEW
- C. Heidt: MC documentation coming along
Analysis of first data from run 01.a¶
Chris Hunt has some data analysis scripts that all can use and has some processed data files:
While the Grid Processing of Data is under development, some batch processed data, from the recent runs, is available on the RAL PPD machines in the directory:
Please be aware that it was processed with an experimental branch of MAUS due to the requirements of the software commissioning. If you experience some issues please try merging the updates available in the launchpad branch:
and try again. If you still experience issues, please let me know - C Hunt.
5. Optimising the DAQ and Controls and Monitoring - EO, AB, PR¶
6. MICE hall, inc Services and requirements : CM¶
- Helium fill
- Daresbury electronics: vacuum, tracker interlocks
- Not yet able to test against multiple tracks per trigger with MC -Action for Durga
8. Tracker Documentation¶
We need to produce documentation for the control room and ISIS, for Steve B. We cannot necessarily get that far with operations and startup as we are not yet working with the CandM as we will but we can write something and finalise safety details.
Need to add startup and operations procedure to the document.
8.1 Startup Procedure¶
8.2 Operations Procedure¶
8.3 Tracker Online Emergency Procedure¶
- We have been asked to provide documentation for ISIS and eventually shifters in what to do in an emergency situation for the Tracker when running
Documentation to Include:
- schematics of the system
- a list of associated checklists at power on, and who works through them.
- a list of instructions to shifters on how to operate and monitor the system
- emergency shutdown instructions
- power-up instructions
- trouble-shooting : what to watch for
- a list of regular maintenance and safety checks
- A beta version is available at http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/tracker/wiki/TrackerOperationsDocs - MU
5. Other Items¶
- Installation Manual - GB MU - ongoing
- LED system - EO - External used for calib, Internal not used since Dec but will be used after gain and pedestals determined.
- Hall probes - MU - Electronics readout devised and computing needs obtained. Cabling to be made.
- The four digit company id: 4673 (callers from outside the UK)
- The pin number: 419357
|UK (Imperial College --preferred)||0845 545 4460||English|
|Austria||0820 4000 1503||English|
|0820 4000 15 02||German|
|Belgium||070 35 99 45||English|
|070 35 99 94||Dutch|
|070 35 98 66||French|
|Canada||1 712 432 2832||English|
|1 712 432 2844||French|
|Germany||01803 001 178||English|
|01570 248 8303||English (mobile)|
|01803 001 177||German|
|01570 248 8101||German (mobile)|
|Ireland||0818 270 007||English|
|Italy||848 390 166||English|
|848 391 819||Italian|
|Netherlands||0870 001 901||English|
|0870 001 909||Dutch|
|Poland||0801 003 543||English|
|0801 003 533||Polish|
|South Africa||087 550 0375||English|
|Spain||902 885 318||English|
|902 881 200||Spanish|
|Sweden||0939 2066 400||English|
|0939 2066 300||Swedish|
|Switzerland||0848 560 190||English|
|0848 560 378||French|
|0848 560 347||German|
|0848 560 385||Italian|
|United Kingdom (PowWowNow)||0844 4 73 73 73||English|
|United States||1 415 363 0833||English|