Date: 6th may 2015
Time: 15:00 UK time
Attendance: Paul K, Chris Heit, Ray G, Adam D, Edward O,
Agenda and Minutes¶
Actions from Last Meeting¶
- Kalman doesnt work on straights. - Chris Hunt looking to fix. Stands.
- Real data unpacking broken. A proper summary of the issue, its status and timeline to be presented next week. - Paul.
Still Broken, Paul expects to understand why this is broken next week.
- Software update from Paul next meeting - PK.
- Prepare a tag out lock out procedure to stop people turning things off that we don't want them to (He etc. - Add the above to the controls and monitoring alarms so that if the above happens we know - Pierrick. No Update
- Add to John Govans' rota for daily walk round to test our setup. - Pierrick. No Update
- Look at docs to determine what to release as MICE notes and how - MU - ONGOING
- Update in depth Tracker schedule and agree with Ed and Craig. - E.O. Speak to Melissa/Craig next week.
- Cryo lids still needed. Melissa to ask Geoff or Kevin. Stands.
- Put the above on the data section of the Tracker wiki. -MU. Stands
- EO to speak to C. Heidt when performing calibrations.
1. Status of hardware, commissioning work and ongoing plan EO, AB, CMW, PR, MU¶At end of last visit:
- 4 cryos reading out
- cryo 2 was struggling with temperature regulation (~9.05K), no thermal overhead. Plan to switch cryocoolers to 60Hz to gain 0.5W cooling capacity.
- damaged LVDS lead from cryo 3 observed. spare to be run on next visit.
- Will perform bias calibration scans(longer scan, more data).
- Will check bias results.
- Will Integrate remaining code with the tracker IOC.
2. Software: PK, AD, CH¶In particular this week:
- Data unpacking - next week see actions
- Kalman - next week see actions
- DAQ in data structure - see above
- CDB mapping and bias calibrations
Geometry, Calibrations, Configurations, CDB - C. Heidt * Good, * Figured out 95% of mapping and has script to generate data. * Working with the CDB software. * Geometry, no update.
- No Update, nothing left to be said.
- Good not great.
Pattern Recognition - AD,¶
- No update.
- AD to talk to PK.
- No method to get multiple tracks per trigger.
Online Displays - MU¶
- 3/4 of the plots are now in and working and were used for mock data challenge. The other are the non-immediately-essentials and are coming soon.
Performance and Analysis -PK¶
- Discussed in actions/software
Tracker Software Paper - AD, PK DR¶
- Is moving again, Adam has new revision on launchpad, closer to publication quality.
- Needs final performance results from pattern rec, kalman.
- MC section needs rewrite.
- See https://code.launchpad.net/~phuccj/maus/scifipaper
Documentation - PK, AD, C. Heidt¶
4. Optimising the DAQ and Controls and Monitoring - EO, AB, PR
- Limited resources to speed up DAQ at present, fully committed to commissioning efforts.
- C&M additions will be added next week to tracker IOC.
5. MICE hall, inc Services hardware and requirements : CM okay¶
6. Step IV Analysis Readiness - MU¶
- Unpacking and speed are biggest problems (PK)
- Daresbury electronics: vacuum, tracker interlocks
- Reforming external waveguides (could lead to breakage)
- Northside PRY (not us, but knock effect to us)
- Not yet able to test against multiple tracks per trigger with MC -Action for Durga
- Real data unpacking broken DA
8. Tracker Documentation¶
We need to produce documentation for the control room and ISIS, for Steve B. We cannot necessarily get that far with operations and startup as we are not yet working with the CandM as we will but we can write something and finalise safety details.
8.1 Startup Procedure¶
8.2 Operations Procedure¶
8.3 Tracker Online Emergency Procedure¶
- We have been asked to provide documentation for ISIS and eventually shifters in what to do in an emergency situation for the Tracker when running
Documentation to Include:
- schematics of the system
- a list of associated checklists at power on, and who works through them.
- a list of instructions to shifters on how to operate and monitor the system
- emergency shutdown instructions
- power-up instructions
- trouble-shooting : what to watch for
- a list of regular maintenance and safety checks
- A beta version is available at http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/tracker/wiki/TrackerOperationsDocs - MU
5. Other Items
- Installation Manual - GB MU - ongoing
- LED system - EO - External used for calib, Internal not used since Dec but will be used after gain and pedestals determined.
- Hall probes - MU - Ongoing
- Ray requests an urgent review of goals and milestones with a schedule.
- Consider switching to a weekly meeting.
- The four digit company id: 4673 (callers from outside the UK)
- The pin number: 419357
|UK (Imperial College --preferred)||0845 545 4460||English|
|Austria||0820 4000 1503||English|
|0820 4000 15 02||German|
|Belgium||070 35 99 45||English|
|070 35 99 94||Dutch|
|070 35 98 66||French|
|Canada||1 712 432 2832||English|
|1 712 432 2844||French|
|Germany||01803 001 178||English|
|01570 248 8303||English (mobile)|
|01803 001 177||German|
|01570 248 8101||German (mobile)|
|Ireland||0818 270 007||English|
|Italy||848 390 166||English|
|848 391 819||Italian|
|Netherlands||0870 001 901||English|
|0870 001 909||Dutch|
|Poland||0801 003 543||English|
|0801 003 533||Polish|
|South Africa||087 550 0375||English|
|Spain||902 885 318||English|
|902 881 200||Spanish|
|Sweden||0939 2066 400||English|
|0939 2066 300||Swedish|
|Switzerland||0848 560 190||English|
|0848 560 378||French|
|0848 560 347||German|
|0848 560 385||Italian|
|United Kingdom (PowWowNow)||0844 4 73 73 73||English|
|United States||1 415 363 0833||English|