Date: 17th June 2015
Time: 15:30 UK time
Attendance: Ed, Alan, Adam, Melissa, Chris Heidt,
Agenda and Minutes¶
As only a few people attended we moved to an update and planning conversation and di not follow the schedule below.
Actions from Last Meeting¶
- Kalman doesn't hasn't been checked on straights and there are small effects to be tested. Deviations from an ideal field will be looked at but will be postponed until after straights and small effects have been considered.. - Chris Hunt
- Real data unpacking. A proper summary of the issue, its status and timeline to be presented this week. - Paul Ed O.and MU - Data unpaker is now almost fixed and VLSB master modification and One broken VLSB chip will not read out.
- Prepare a tag out lock out procedure to stop people turning things off that we don't want them to (He etc. - Add the above to the controls and monitoring alarms so that if the above happens we know - Pierrick. - Ongoing
- Add to John Govans' rota for daily walk round to test our setup. - Pierrick. - Ongoing
- Look at docs to determine what to release as MICE notes and how - MU - ONGOING not highest priority
- CDB script to up/download is done, needs to add to the MAUS mapper to use the script as MUAS is run. - C. Heidt
- Multiple tracks per Tracker. - Durga -
- Add online recon to trunk - MU
- Check with DL to move interlocks after first user run - MU
1. Status of hardware, commissioning work and ongoing plan EO, AB, CMW, PR, MU¶
- Evolving schedule is online at http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/documents/141.
2. Software: PK, AD, CH¶In particular this week:
- Data unpacking
- DAQ in data structure
- CDB mapping and bias calibrations
Geometry, Calibrations, Configurations, CDB - C. Heidt¶
In a good state waiting on Durga for multiple tracks per Tracker.
Pattern Recognition - AD,¶
- No method to get multiple tracks per trigger.
Online Displays - MU¶
- New plots made and committed. OnRec working in the Ctrl room (to some degree).
Performance and Analysis -PK¶
Tracker Software Paper - AD, PK DR¶
- See https://code.launchpad.net/~phuccj/maus/scifipaper PLEASE LOOK AND REVIEW
- C. Heidt: MC documentation coming along
Documentation - PK, AD, C. Heidt¶
C. Heidt: MC documentation coming along
4. Optimising the DAQ and Controls and Monitoring - EO, AB, PR¶
- 50% done, but not enough time to fully go over before beam. Davids original code for MDR3 and new code to come in after first data.
5. MICE hall, inc Services hardware and requirements : CM¶
- see schedule in documents.
6. Step IV Analysis Readiness - MU¶
- Alignment data run requests submitted.
- Unpacking and speed are biggest problems (PK)
- Daresbury electronics: vacuum, tracker interlocks
- Reforming external waveguides (could lead to breakage)
- Northside PRY (not us, but knock effect to us)
- Not yet able to test against multiple tracks per trigger with MC -Action for Durga
- Real data unpacking broken DA
8. Tracker Documentation¶
We need to produce documentation for the control room and ISIS, for Steve B. We cannot necessarily get that far with operations and startup as we are not yet working with the CandM as we will but we can write something and finalise safety details.
8.1 Startup Procedure¶
8.2 Operations Procedure¶
8.3 Tracker Online Emergency Procedure¶
- We have been asked to provide documentation for ISIS and eventually shifters in what to do in an emergency situation for the Tracker when running
Documentation to Include:
- schematics of the system
- a list of associated checklists at power on, and who works through them.
- a list of instructions to shifters on how to operate and monitor the system
- emergency shutdown instructions
- power-up instructions
- trouble-shooting : what to watch for
- a list of regular maintenance and safety checks
- A beta version is available at http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/tracker/wiki/TrackerOperationsDocs - MU
5. Other Items¶
- Installation Manual - GB MU - ongoing
- LED system - EO - External used for calib, Internal not used since Dec but will be used after gain and pedestals determined.
- Hall probes - MU - Electronics readout devised and computing needs obtained. Cabling to be made.
- The four digit company id: 4673 (callers from outside the UK)
- The pin number: 419357
|UK (Imperial College --preferred)||0845 545 4460||English|
|Austria||0820 4000 1503||English|
|0820 4000 15 02||German|
|Belgium||070 35 99 45||English|
|070 35 99 94||Dutch|
|070 35 98 66||French|
|Canada||1 712 432 2832||English|
|1 712 432 2844||French|
|Germany||01803 001 178||English|
|01570 248 8303||English (mobile)|
|01803 001 177||German|
|01570 248 8101||German (mobile)|
|Ireland||0818 270 007||English|
|Italy||848 390 166||English|
|848 391 819||Italian|
|Netherlands||0870 001 901||English|
|0870 001 909||Dutch|
|Poland||0801 003 543||English|
|0801 003 533||Polish|
|South Africa||087 550 0375||English|
|Spain||902 885 318||English|
|902 881 200||Spanish|
|Sweden||0939 2066 400||English|
|0939 2066 300||Swedish|
|Switzerland||0848 560 190||English|
|0848 560 378||French|
|0848 560 347||German|
|0848 560 385||Italian|
|United Kingdom (PowWowNow)||0844 4 73 73 73||English|
|United States||1 415 363 0833||English|