Date: 4th May 2016
Time: 15:00 UK time
Attendance: Chris Heidt, Paul K, Melissa, Ray, Ed,
h2. Agenda and Minutes
- Board testing in Tracker lab - EO - 4 tested, no temp or bias calib as yet. Work to continue.
- Speak with Durga about automating all of the calibrations etc for all sub-detectors automated going into MAUS for recon. - Chris Hunt
- Ed and Melissa to convene on efficiency paper.
1. Status of hardware,¶
Commissioning: EO CMW MU¶
- Hall probe helium leak tight works
- cryostat status (& spares)
- daresbury interlocks.
- tracker daq/c&m systems
- spare boards
- hall probe helium tighting has commenced. US being done now. it will be tested next week and DS will then be done if successful.
- Ed has begun implementing the discriminators as a first step for getting timing.
MICE hall, inc Services and requirements : CM, GB,¶
- Tracker lab.
First Data Analysis - ALL
- Low level Analysis
- track analysis
- helical tracks
- work is ongoing need to look into the dubious doublets and to make sure that all four efficiencies have same value or we understand why not. Atm two are done (1 MU 1 EO) and 1 is nearly complete (MU).
- Ed has a new doublet finding algorithm that he would like to add to MAUS. Adam will merge it in.
- DS pat rec looks inefficient as it has more scatter in the tracks that are autmatically cut from the US. It does not actually mean that the DS is inefficient.
2. Software: PK, AD, CHunt, CHeidt¶
- Performance and Analysis
- Validation script
- All ok for 4 weeks now.
- Calibrations, Configurations
- Fairly easy to keep calibrations up to date. Not completely automated but will be following more tests.
- Monte Carlo
- Documentation still outstanding, all else good.
- Pattern Recognition
- Online Displays
- Dead channels and light yield are simulated in MAUS MC. Noise has to be included by the user it is not the default.
- Comparisons of MC with and without noise should be implemented prior to major data taking.
- MAUS release will hopefully be out by end of play today.
Tracker Software Paper and Documentation - AD, PK DR¶
- See https://code.launchpad.net/~phuccj/maus/scifipaper PLEASE LOOK AND REVIEW
- C. Heidt: MC documentation needs updating
Everything has been moved to numpy. That is sort of working but it is unphysical work to continue next week.
Phone Details: International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers¶
- Switzerland: 0800705351
- UK: 08004960576
- US: 1-866-740-1260
- Other numbers
- Access Code: 5673390