Shifter suggestions to help streamline shifts¶
- DAQ on call person defined
- Remove run conditions spreadsheet
- Automate data mover
Paolo: I've implemented on Nagios the probes that Janusz has provided. http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/online/wiki/NagiosMon: NAGIOS > services >
datamover2> DM:.... They check the all the steps apart from the reconstruction.
- Direct keyboard/mouse access to machine displaying to the top big screen (the one which usually runs the alarm handler), currently have to use a remote desktop connection
Paolo: the screen is connected to
miceecserv1, available via the KVM system. The last time I was on shift I saw also a remote desktop connection opened on the thin client under the screen.
- Have a separate development version and a definitely stable production version of run control
- Wiki documentation often has several versions of same document, make sure the current one is top of the list in bold or somesuch
- Detector HV documentation to wiki
- Perhaps an online "FAQ" doc somewhere e.g. "I can't clear the hall auxiliary door PPS BOB, what do I do?"
- Account for set up and shut down times when defining shift duration
- Update CHEESE to accurately reflect people's current training, and ensure it is complete before they are allowed to do their shift
Updated by Franchini, Paolo almost 8 years ago · 7 revisions