Run plan¶We got through about 70k TOF2 triggers at each of 140 MeV/c, 170 MeV/c, 200 MeV/c data sets for scattering - nothing at 240 MeV/c. Ao has looked at the data and it looks good. I (or Ao) will send some PR plots around the mailing list later today. Note:
- We hoped to get through 200k at each momentum setting, including additionally 240 MeV/c.
- We have not taken the magnet alignment data yet.
My data taking plan for this week and next week:1. Today - change tracker VME crate for spare; run 200 MeV/c alignment data and check that DAQ/run control are okay. Try to run smoothly for evening shift.
2. Tuesday/Wednesday - hall work (DC control);
- DS compressor
- ISIS maintenance day
4. Monday 3rd October - magnet running; settings TBD:
- Ao has some settings he would like to try, which stay with M1*FC < 7500, but have stronger focus in FC but a bit less field in SSU/SSD.
- we only got less than one third of the scattering/energy loss data set done over the weekend.
- Would magnet folks try for harder M1*FC product or is there too much fear? I note Josef/JHC's email, they seemed to be encouraging us to try for 18500.
I think the answer to item 4 will be:- complete the scattering/energy loss data set and then we can increase the fear.
For a magnet run, I require:
1. overnight babysitting staffed
2. Sign off from equipment owners
3. On-call list