Expert run. Aim is to shakedown systems for December run & check through tof calibrations.
|estimated time||8am - 4pm (8pm)|
Plan & Personell:¶
Search Hall (MOM + Shifter1)
Start setting up beamline (BLOC).
- 9.00 am:
Setup for pion reference beam.
Start DAQ when ready
Check that run control is working with cdb (and cdb is being written)
Check the online reconstruction / monitoring plots for good data.
Check alarm handlers.
Speak to physics shifter to ensure they are also getting data / it looks OK?
Switch to running TOF calibration beam.
- 11.15am (MOM, BLOC, DC goto unrelated Meeting).
Shifter2 arrives fed to help relieve shifter1/experts for lunch.
If everything goes well we stop taking data..
Otherwise, we have Shifter2 to help an expert debug problems until 20.00.
I think this is a plan... its a test run, so it will probably get heavily modified on the day.
- Poon Reference
- TOF Calibration
We expect to be running with 2V beamloss and beam bump active.
Reference Run without Decay Solenoid¶
|Particle Species||p at Tgt||p@D1||p@D2||p@Tof0||Proton Absorber||Q1||Q2||Q3||D1||DS||D2||Q4||Q5||Q6||Q7||Q8||Q9||Ran?||Similar Run(s)|
|MeV/c||MeV/c||MeV/c||MeV/c||mm||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||DAQ run #|
Summary of run:¶
We completed the data taking with success, however there are a number of points where we can improve upon for December. These are outlined below:Controls:
- KL monitor GUI is blank, but voltages can be read using normal SY527 control GUI.
- Alarm Handler documentation (has been updated - thanks Paolo.).
- EMR was cabled for LED running - now switched to beam mode. Does this change need documenting?
- Initially was operated in expert only mode, since cooling channel was recently added. Needs verifying & documenting for Dec running.
- EPICS alarm work (a little too well). Quite a lot of false positives caused by empty spills (from 0 triggers), alarm thresholds need tuning.
- EMR plots are empty.
- Would be helpful to have more unpacking diagnostics:
- What detector is causing the unpacking errors (from geo id).
- In the event of 0 triggers, say that it is consistent.
- Links to documentation should be provided from the webpage.
- Would be nice to have a "help" or descriptions added.
- Run # should be visible on plots.
More comments in OnRec_Plots.pdf
- Physics devil was run
- bugs were found which need fixing.
- data transfer to the devil needs automating.