Run Planning Discussion 4 July, 2015¶
Magnet training. Will take beam with pion beams to fill out remainder of alignment requirements.
|estimated time||10pm - 6am|
|Lead shifter||Mariyan Bogomilov|
|Shifter 2||Dan Kaplan|
|Physics Shifter||F. Drielsma|
- The priority is placed on the magnet preparation activities.
- Cooling SSD and SSD is "complete".
- SSU and SSD are considered suitably stable so that they may be monitored without intervention.
- TOF1 has now been replaced in the channel.
- The superconducting permit will be tested prior to the shift so the hall should be under controlled entry conditions when the shifters arrive.
- shifters and BLOC arrive to complete Hall preparation (i.e. target prep)
- Take 50k triggers (at TOF2) of reference beam (300 MeV pion beam). Use run control setting (without DS).
- When complete, take 50k triggers (at TOF2) of the 190 MeV pion beam (settings below)
- When complete, take minimum 50k triggers (at TOF2) of the reference pion beam.
- Write more verbose eLogs, describe the problem, its symptoms and solution (if known).
- 50k TOF2 triggers with the reference pion beam without DS (as in run control)
- 50k TOF2 triggers of 190 MeV pion beam
- We expect to run with 2V beamloss and the beam bump active.
- DS is off
- Beam settings via Run Control and as given below
Pion Beam for 190 MeV/c without Decay Solenoid¶
|Number of particle triggers||Particle Species||p at Tgt||p@D1||p@D2||p@Tof0||Proton Absorber||Q1||Q2||Q3||D1||DS||D2||Q4||Q5||Q6||Q7||Q8||Q9||Similar Run(s)||RunControl tag|
|#||MeV/c||MeV/c||MeV/c||MeV/c||mm||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||A||DAQ run #|
Standing Run Control Instruction¶
- Reminder: The end of run comment must be filled for the run to register as completed on CDB. Ensure that the enter key is struck while in the end comment dialogue box at the end of every run.
Temporary Run Control Instructions¶
- Restart Run Control after every run
- Currently using development branch in MLCR.
- If Run Control was no restarted and it crashes the terminal, type "reset" (no quotes) to regain control, then restart Run Control. Do not log in/out
- Run data mover after every run
- If there is doubt contact Pierrick Hanlet or Chris Heidt
Phone details for 6pm daily meeting¶
Phone access : ReadyTalk number
Access Code: 2155402
Powered by Redmine © 2006-2011 Jean-Philippe Lang
Updated by MOM, Mice Operations Manager over 7 years ago · 3 revisions