Run Planning Discussion 29 June, 2015¶
|estimated time||10pm - 6am|
|Lead shifter||A. Liu|
|Shifter 2||Mariyan Bogomilov|
|Physics Shifter||C. Hunt|
- The priority is placed on the magnet cooling activities. Our search and seal procedures represent an impediment to free access of the hall so data collection is suspended until either the case is made for more data prior to 5 July or the beginning of user run 01b.
- Cooling SSD is "complete". Helium cooling of SSU should be started today.
- Daniel Bowring is to be placed on reserve shifter status and Mariyan Bogomilov is now the active Shifter 2 so that Daniel may help with the cooling during the day.
- see issue #1696
- still analyzing the data. Need an extra day. Possible decisions.
Beam line Optimization¶
- There is evidence that the following run produces an increased number of TOF triggers.
|Particle Species||p at Tgt||p@D1||p@D2||Proton Absorber||Q1||Q2||Q3||D1||DS||D2||Q4||Q5||Q6||Q7||Q8||Q9||RunControl tag|
- There is a request to retake these data next time beam is available.
- Can the normalization be done with the existing data?
- Still needs a strong case by tracker group for the resumption of data collection.
Standing Run Control Instruction¶
- Reminder: The end of run comment must be filled for the run to register as completed on CDB. Ensure that the enter key is struck while in the end comment dialogue box at the end of every run.
Temporary Run Control Instructions¶
- Restart Run Control after every run
- Currently using development branch in MLCR.
- If Run Control was no restarted and it crashes the terminal, type "reset" (no quotes) to regain control, then restart Run Control. Do not log in/out
- Run data mover after every run
- If there is doubt contact Pierrick Hanlet or Chris Heidt
Phone details for 6pm daily meeting¶
Phone access : ReadyTalk number
Access Code: 2155402