Run Plan 27 June, 2015¶
Tracker alignment with a muon beam, field off.
|estimated time||10pm - 6am|
|Lead shifter||A. Liu|
|Shifter 2||D. Bowring|
|Physics Shifter||C. Hunt|
|Aim||muon beam alignment data (?)|
- Reference Run.
- Run control tests.
- Diffuse high momentum beam for alignment studies
- Diffuse low momentum beam for alignment studies (if there is time).
We expect to be running with 2V beamloss and beam bump active. Decay solenoid is up.
Reference Run with Decay Solenoid¶
Please use the run control settings.
Run Control tests.¶
Data for Alignment study:¶
Requested: 300 MeV muon beam with 70k TOF2 events. No specific emittance but we will try inflating the beam to enhance occupancy of beam in the corners of the tracker. As there are no settings in run control, the following have been taken from the magic spreadsheet.
|Particle Species||p at Tgt||p@D1||p@D2||Proton Absorber||Q1||Q2||Q3||D1||DS||D2||Q4||Q5||Q6||Q7||Q8||Q9||RunControl tag|
- proton absorber setting is unknown but can be taken from the 6-240 MeV+M0 beam in run control.
- Use diffuser in 1.6X_0 configuration 1110 (Thick tungsten open)
- Take 70k TOF2 events
- If the target number of spills is achieved then go to 6-200+M0 beam (use the settings in run control) with the same diffuser setting and take 70k TOF2 events
- The 315 A restriction is only for downstream quadrupoles. D1 should be fine at the current given above.
- The solenoid cooling is ongoing. This seemed to work well in parallel with the data collection of the evening of the 25 June. Should this continue it will mean there will be occasional (every 4 hours) controlled access of the hall to change the nitrogen dewars.
Phone details for 6pm daily meeting¶
Phone access : ReadyTalk number
Access Code: 2155402
Updated by Bayes, Ryan over 7 years ago · 3 revisions