MICE Operations Training¶
This page contains information for shifters and trainers on the various systems and procedures that
shifters must be trained in.
The training splits into two parts : one which needs to be done in the control room and a series of talks
that is given before access to the Hall is approved.
The practical portion of the training will be given at various times during the week.
CDM and Shifter Operations Overview are talks given in CR10 in R26 on Tuesday mornings.
Beamline training (Target, Decay solenoid, Beamline magnets and Beamstop) will usually be given by the BLOC on
Controlled access training will usually be given on Tuesday and Thursday mornings depending on the shift requirements
Control room operations (C&M, DAQ, Online Monitoring, Online Reconstruction and the datamover) will be given by a control room operations trainer also on Thursdays.
After each step of the training, the trainer will inform the MOM and the trainee's records on CHEESE will be updated.¶
People qualified to train new shifters:¶
- PPS - Macwaters, Blackmore, Nebrensky, Dobbs
- Target - Overton, any BLOC
- Decay Solenoid & beam line - any BLOC
- Beam stop - any BLOC, Lead Shifter
- Control room operations : Heidt, Dobbs, Gardener, Lead Shifter, Pidcott, Drielsma
- Documentation - trained shifter, MOM
- Computing info - trained shifter, MOM