The Alarm Handler runs from
miceecserv and is usually displayed on the TV in the MLCR (there are two HDMI cables running under the floor).
In case of failover of the current
miceecserv, switching to the mirror machine, please note that the HDMI cable in the RR1 must be moved from
miceecserv2 can be accessed using KVM from
secure) or using the TigerVNC application installed on
micethin01 (Applications > Internet > TigerVNC Viewer).
The red mouse with the ALH label on it is directly connected to
miceecserv if the remote desktop is shared: System > Preferences > Remote Desktop.
- Decay Solenoid
How to restart the Alarm Handlers¶
- Turn on the TV using the remote control or the joystick behind the bottom corner
- Set the correct source
- Open TigerVNC, usually on micethin01 in the Alarm Handlers tab
- Login using the
- Start all the alarms or open the specific alarms you need to display using the AppLauncher
- Make sure that each single panel is not disabled (no "D" near the alarm) and check the status with the MOM/DC.
or from a shell
cd /home/epics/epicsPRO/Config/ALHConfig alh TGT.alhConfig & alh BL.alhConfig & alh DS.alhConfig & alh FCD.alhConfig & alh SSD.alhConfig & alh SSU.alhConfig & alh TKD.alhConfig & alh TKU.alhConfig & alh DET.alhConfig & alh ENV.alhConfig &
- Check if the audio is working
How to deal with an alarm¶
In case of any alarm¶
- React and do not silence nor acknowledge the alarm unless an expert has told you to do this
- Details about some alarms can be obtained with a click on the P box near the beeping alarm
- Call an expert related with the subsystem or the MOM if you do not find any expert
- E/V White alarm: communication problem ???
- Y Yellow alarm: warning alarm
- R Red alarm: critical alarm
How to silence an alarm¶
- Hit the box near SilenceCurrent on the alarm window
- Write down an eLog entry and report it to the following shifters crew.
How to acknowledge an alarm¶
- Click on the little box near the specific alarm label where the error is displayed.
- Write down an eLog entry and report it to the followings shifters crew.
What if the ALH screen is frozen and any other control is not working?¶
- Kill and restart the Xserver on the machine.
miceecservfrom the rack room and follow the previous instructions