Ops/Comm Scheduling meeting : 4/4/2017¶
Location : CR21 in R1 at 14:00 pm
Phone access : New phonebridge number
Access code: 8161978083
Leader code: 2735
- DC update
- LH2 update
- List of Hall activities in the shutdown (Colin)
- Ajit - No further development of Hanlet SMS system. Need to propose a basic messaging system still to alleviate need for 24Hr monitoring in person. - on hold
- N.B. that we already have an alarm display in the ISIS MCR. CWhyte to check with ABross/JBoehm that automated texting would be acceptable for removing requirement for continuous oversight while CC magnets powered.
- We have the SMS to email gateway, including monitoring for e-mail responses, but a lot of work remains in driving this from the Alarm Handler.
- Macwaters & Boehm - Arrange to install new Sumitomo compressor adsorbers? - stands
- Macwaters - Re-make dodgy compressor2 remote cable connector - stands
- Macwaters - Prepare new F70 compressors for use. Remove old overheated CSW71 to R9. Speak to Sumitomo on April 5th regards how to repair. - in progress
- New F70s on site - RHale to fit mains leads, then move to Hall?
- Macwaters - Replace old vac sensors and new valve on cryo 1&2 - in progress
- Ajit - Decide on new way to implement what was MOM/DC state machine override function - in progress
- Done for DS, needs re-coding for the rest; also need documentation and training for operators.
- Macwaters - Report on status of FC psu repair (stands)
- Has arrived at Sorenson and been examined, but no feedback to us as yet
- Hall Manager - water system change-over procedure (stands)
- EOverton - Status of
miceraid5disk cleanup (stands)
- Was done for 2016/05, needs checking for 2017/01
SBoyd - ensure MICE-wide discussion of MOM C&M panelsuperseded
- MUchida - investigate moving Tracker waveguides around to cure "hole". Is Ed happy for this to progress? Yes. (stands)
- MCourthold - show JBoehm how to use the Picologger for quench data. Craig can help. (stands)
- JBoehm & Macwaters - get the West Wall compressors correctly labelled, as various have been re-purposed (stands)
- CWhyte to check with ABross/JBoehm that automated texting would be acceptable for removing requirement for continuous oversight while CC magnets powered.
- CWhyte to contact DL to clarify their Hall Task List items
- PFranchini to go through servers and turn off IPMI in BIOS
DC update (PHodgson)¶
- MTucker has swapped turbo pumps between SSU and SSD to reduce wear and tear
- Preparation for cold-head swap tomorrow: Tracker cryostats have been heated and pumped/purged
- Neutron monitor: no remote readout, we have a webcam on it instead
- There is a small leak in the roof water system - about 10%/day
- Leak checking of the LH2 system is presently in progress; some of this is overseen by Roy Preece and is acting as a de facto review of the documentation
LH2 update (CWhyte)¶
- A number of issues have been found, relating to over-pressure bursting windows and putting an asymmetric load on to the FC
- Putting in a new vent line, on to the spare turret
- Steve Harrison is double-checking the rate at which LH2 would actually boil off
- Need another HAZOP - plan is to push ahead as far as possible short of H2 itself
- Can run with Neon as well, to shake down the system
- This still has the pressure risk and needs Steve Harrison input - this feedback sets the timetable for closing up the PRY
- A Neon run would only last about a day
Aspirational Pathway: after HAZOP will only reach LH2 late in next cycle. Start earlier with field-off empty-absorber running in evenings, to allow LH2 work to continue during the day.
Once the PRY is closed (see above) can consider testing Diffuser at field and/or investigating the FC quench.
- MUchida will repeat the leak-stopping on the upstream Tracker butterfly over next couple of days
- Concern raised about mystery network traffic and unknown devices
- at least some of this is IPMI boards making DHCP requests
- PFranchini to go through and disable in BIOS where possible
- EOverton has got the NI drivers running on replacement
target1ctl; need to get RATS running for when Joe comes down prior to BPS test on 20th April.
- HNebrensky needs to test File Compactor: DATE should allow a Pulser run after Thursday (Tracker fix)
- AKurup to restart
miceecservafter ALH/SM updates - Thursday
- March survey was after PRY opened and FC withdrawn, and SS's moved
- TOF1 was removed for Diffuser access
- will need TOF1 and FC re-survey