Ops/Comm Scheduling meeting : 14/3/2017¶
Location : CR21 in R1 at 2pm
Phone access : ReadyTalk number
Access Code: 2155402
- DC update
- List of Hall activities in the shutdown (Colin) : http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/operations/wiki/Hall_Task_List_Spring17
- List of issues arising from previous user cycle (may overlap with Colin's list) :
- Get a spare EMR board
- Compressor 2 SSU communication problems (Ajit is aware)
- Communication dropouts in the FCD helium level monitor
- TKU compressor 2 needs servicing/ spares.
- TKD may need to swap a waveguide to improve dead channel placement.
- TKU butterfly helium leak tighting
- Status of target1 backup machine in R78
- need to be emphasise procedures to gain swipe access in the vac area for new shifters
- need a spare PCI board for the tracker ioc pc backup machine
- MLCR network isolation test still needs to be done
- Controls and Monitoring
- Lots of alarms in the previous run which were silenced "by default" e.g. Tracker cryo 2 / SSU
- Are all the limits for each subsystem correctly defined?
- Recurring list (may overlap with Colin's list)
- #1878, #1891 Trench water pump control - pressure appears stable; shifter lockout in progress
- #1881 Water system PVs not being archived - Services/Environment/Computing spreadsheet
- #1880 Alarm Handler not reacting to conventional magnet interlock
- #1903, #1881
micestoredisk full, also needs to be in Nagios warning checks in place but need testing
- #1881 File Compactor failure - shifters reported only the "previous error" message; should be in Alarm Handler. Move File Compactor output to top of RC screen? Also waiting on Services/Environment/Computing spreadsheet_
- VME crates in Hall overheating; crate monitoring looking at wrong crate Services/Environment/Computing spreadsheet, GUI needs fixing
- Is MOM DC Configuration Checklist Elog tab up-to-date?
webcams - images not visible on micewww, probably due to micenet lockout #1399 but low priorityDONE
- Neutron monitor & restart docs - MICE to take the CMS ION to Poole to be fixed ourselves. MLCR needs to know how to restart remote viewing of the temporary monitor.
- Last meeting : Tuesday Feb 28 2017
- Next meeting : Tuesday Mar 21 2017 at 3pm
- CC Magnet status (CWhyte)
Started the LH2 installation: installed absorber, applied MLI tape, finishing Indium seals this afternoon.
The Solenoid-mode test for SSD has been done.
The FC power supply went Phut TM while isolating. Tested damaged PSU with replaced fuses; still failed. Going for external repair - expect 7-14 days. Controller looks OK.
- Hydrogen status (VBayliss)
On schedule: Wed. (tomorrow) UPS test; Thu. H2 detector system calibration; next Mon.-Wed. PW coming down to work on controls.
Presently installing absorber and turret; doing Indium seals and leak-checking.
Have a contractor coming in to modify exhaust line.
- Diffuser iris 4 (CWhyte)
Are deciding if need one or both PRY end-plates out.
Need to double-check TOF1 cabling before moving - it got re-connected wrongly last time.
Get Joe to come out and look at it, and then decide: it may be possibly to access that iris (the most UPstream) without fully removing the Diffuser assembly. If the diffuser assembly comes out then also need to put out lights/put up tenting to protect Tracker...
- C&M (AKurup)
Is working through restarting IOCs
Needs to restart Archiver (miceecserv) on Thursday and also ALH to get configuration update.
Water pump system has been passworded - needs to send password to Henry
Have swapped to the other spare compressor (CSW-71 instead of F70) on Tracker 2, temperatures now OK. Still trying to get the Sumitomo rep in to get the heads serviced.
- We are to get the CMS-ION neutron detector back - need it before DSA shuts.
- On the last night of running, Run Control managed to spawn two simultaneous File Compactor processes, which were then left running during the rest of the data-taking. Has anyone checked whether or not subsequent data was affected?
Durga has checked the data [although he has only checked that it unpacks correctly, not for any other likely side-effects such as an increase in effective dead-time.]
- JBoehm to get SS operating info from PHanlet (ongoing)
- JBoehm to get/impose consensus from SC Magnets group on running of "Central CC GUI"
- JBoehm arrange tests of polarity effect on SSD leaks
- Hall Manager when removing FC to make a crude check that LiH hasn't moved.
- Hall Manager: water system change-over procedure
- Status of
miceraid5disk cleanup (stands)
- DC to ensure Health Physics have checked temporary neutron monitor (stands)
- SBoyd - ensure list of issues arising from current running is being collated
- CWhyte - draw up the shutdown task list
- SBoyd - ensure MICE-wide discussion of MOM C&M panel
- PFranchini - Get all shifters to go through the CE checklist during Control Room refresher training
- MUchida - investigate moving Tracker waveguides around to cure "hole"
- AKurup - send water pump GUI password to Henry
Updated by Nebrensky, Henry about 6 years ago · 15 revisions