20170131 » History » Revision 19
« Previous |
| Next »
Nebrensky, Henry, 31 January 2017 19:13
Ops/Comm Scheduling meeting¶
Location : G06 in R66 at 2pm
Phone access : ReadyTalk number
Access Code: 2155402
- SS Magnet status
- Hydrogen status
- Issues arising from previous running
- Operations :
- C&M System Check report (Ajit/Ed)
- Establishing a timetable for the runup : when should systems (including magnets) be ready for running?
- Beam schedule
- Run up on Jan 30 - Feb 12.
- Start of user cycle : Feb 14
- Start of data-taking : Feb 15
- Reserve shifter support from Feb 10 - Feb 14
- MOM formally starts on Feb 9 (but should be present for the runup activities but will not be on 24-hour call)
- Possible runup plan (framework for discussion)
- Monday 6th : Preparation meeting with Ed/Ajit/Colin/Josef/Others to go over readiness for running
- Tuesday 7th (subject to meeting on Monday) : Bring up magnets to running configuration, take some pulser data and take magnets down
- Saturday 11th : Expert led run without solenoids + Beam tune
- Monday 13th : Triage actions arising from expert led run
- Tuesday 14th : Bring up magnets in the evening and monitor overnight by reserve shift.
- Wednesday 15th : Data-taking start at 08:00
- Beam schedule
- Shift signup for first half of Feb is viable now (but not full)
|Shift Block ID||# signed up||# shifters still needed|
|2||4||2||Need one overnight shift per night (5 nights) for monitoring|
|3||4||2||Need one overnight shift per night (5 nights) for monitoring|
Magnet monitors do not need to be trained shifters
- BLOCs are needed : Feb 20 - 24 and Feb 27 - Mar 1
- Last meeting : Tuesday Jan 24 2017
- Next meeting : Tuesday Feb 6 2017
- CC Magnet status (J Boehm)
All 3 CC magnets are now in flip mode; cold and full of helium. Everything is presently being run into shorts for the CC IOC testing.
Handover from Pierrick is in progress. A few GUIs have been changed.
Are seeing instability in SSU power supply (into shorts): last week suddenly ramped from 150 to 215 A; lost control of GUI; ramped down manually.
Similar last night, with control cables disconnected from the AMI controller - again unstable and major changes in current on its own, implies a hardware issue.
Now running with a different controller - seeing issues still. May possibly be associated with a purely resistive load.
- Hydrogen status (M Tucker)
Cooled down in R9 with Neon, made 2 to 2.5 litres of liquid, less than 1 K difference between condenser and absorber.
Expect about 1 l every 6 hours, so over 5 days to fill with LH2 needing a 24hour rota.
- Issues arising from previous running (DC)
Need a comprehensive list of encountered issues, else can't assume they will be addressed before running resumes. We are now well past halfway through the shutdown.
- Shutdown work in Jan and Feb ( official version )
Issues/Progress on workplan items (using a stale list):
- PT100s - done
- ODH sensor service - done
- POMPOMs sensor test - done
- Neutron Monitor: ISIS can't do it; will return to MICE for us to make arrangements. Continue with temporary monitor this cycle.
- Proton Absorbers - remedial work done
- "New" chiller plumbing - done
- #1878 Trench heat exchanger to counter-flow - done, possibly some small leaks
- Diffuser iris 4: needs next SSU run: Tuesday 7th
Compressed air: Activair coming to check the outside compressor to see why it didn't come on.
- #1399 MICEnet lockout - tomorrow morning
- #1888 Diffuser air - reported done
- Airflow monitoring changes - done
- PPS Functional Test - done
- Earth leakage tests - done
target1ctl- issues with O/S and libraries...
- R78 - replacement flanges in progress
- C&M System Check report (Ajit/Ed)
CC Magnet UIs/IOCs tested last week - changes have been made on various machines, need to be aggregated.
Target SM tested today.
Need to test Run Control: Thursday?
Need to review the tags listed in the CDB
The NIKHEF Hall probes have been separated out into a different IOC.
Most of the hardware stuff is done.
- Run-up plan
- Roof water/chiller needs a load test with the air-blast active - tomorrow or Thursday subject to Hall work and state of pipes
- Monday 6th: Preparation meeting with Ed/Ajit/Colin/Josef/Others to go over readiness for running; remove shorts from link boxes, ATW and other prep.
- Tuesday 7th: Bring up CC magnets to running configuration, take some pulser data and take magnets down; check Diffuser operation
- Saturday 11th - Half-day of ISIS beamtime: expert led run without CC Magnets + Beambump tune (Hayley, NB Ed has to leave mid-afternoon)
- Monday 13th: Triage actions arising from expert led run; BLOC training on everything that isn't target
- Tuesday 14th: Bring up magnets in the evening and soak-test overnight (reserve shifters).
- Wednesday 15th: Data-taking start at 08:00
- Shift signup:
With the LH2 install going ahead there will be no running during second half of 2016/05 and thus no available shift allocation - MICE that have not yet made shift quota take note.
Linde Gas Analyser webcam - where has it gone? It is being PAT tested.
- JBoehm to get SS operating info from PHanlet (ongoing)
- JBoehm to get/impose consensus from SC Magnets group on running of "Central CC GUI"
- DC to collate list of issues arising from previous running
- Status of
miceraid5disk cleanup (stands)
AKurup to make and circulate plan for NIKHEF probe IOC SBoyd - ISIS machine-physics beam time
- DC to ensure Health Physics have checked temporary neutron monitor (stands)
- SBoyd - ensure MICE-wide discussion of MOM C&M panel
- Henry to get gaps in BLOC rota plugged
Updated by Nebrensky, Henry about 6 years ago · 19 revisions