Project

General

Profile

Actions

Ops/Comm Scheduling meeting

Location : CR12 in R68 @ 15:30 pm on September 13th

Phone access : ReadyTalk number
US 866-740-1260
UK 0800-496-0576
Swiss 0800-70-53-51
Italy 800182592
Access Code: 2155402

Hall work

  • DC report
  • Water leak status
  • Decay solenoid leak status
  • Magnet test plans to Saturday.
  • Hydrogen system work

Operations

Tentative weekly plan

  • Tuesday morning
    • Magnets
  • Tuesday afternoon (subject to waterflow)
    • YK trigger fiddling (with beam if possible)
  • Tuesday evening
    • Magnets
  • Wednesday (subject to waterflow)
    • neutron monitor checks
    • expert run
    • beam bump tuning (Wednesday pm)
  • Thursday - Sunday
    • magnets
  • Monday
    • Begin data taking

Minutes

  • Present : SB, CW, VB, AB, AM, VB, PF, JB, RB, CR, CM, HN
  • DC report
    • Done
  • Water leak status
    • Water leaks have been repaired but the pumps are not on since work is ongoing in the trench
    • Roof system is fine. We can either run the magnet on local control (time and no temperature regulation) or complete the work
    • Will work on this tomorrow when Henry is here.
  • Decay solenoid leak status
    • Leak has not been found. Problem could be with the air end (which has just been replaced). The leadtime for a new air end is 6-8 weeks + installation
      time (Argh!).
    • Company is investigating if this is the problem.
    • In the meantime, a different expert is coming tomorrow to check the problem. More info by the end of the week.
  • Magnet test plans to Saturday.
    • Tuesday : SSD ECE to 3T
    • Wednesday : Then bring the FC in and look at M1 and SSU to tune the quench protection. At that point we need to decide whether we want to soak test to 6.1.4 settings or push the envelope a bit more.
  • Hydrogen system work
    • Mark Tucker needs to test some of the relief valves in the Hall between now and LH2 installation.
    • Sooner rather than later
    • Could be done between the user cycles or in the Wednesday maintenance slots
  • R9 : Andy/wants to fit temperature sensors to FC magnet
  • R9 : Target spare rack needs a good clean. Colin wants to move it to R9 which is a few week job
    • Decision is needed in the next few weeks.

Operations

  • MOM report
  • Expert led run
    • Hardware issues so ELR has not happened in the control room. Tests on DAQ and software was done in the remote CR.
    • Workflow has been signed off using pulser triggers
    • Run Control doesn't work yet
    • Beamline not tested yet
    • Beam bump tuning will happen on Wednesday afternoon
  • http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/projects/operations/wiki/_StepIV_Shutdown_Summer_
  • Can we start taking data next Monday?

Updated by Boyd, Steven almost 6 years ago ยท 9 revisions