20160503 » History » Revision 12

« Previous | Revision 12/17 (diff) | Next »
Boyd, Steven, 03 May 2016 16:21

Ops/Comm Scheduling meeting

Location : CR11 in R3 @ 15:30 pm on Tuesday 3rd

Phone access : ReadyTalk number
US 866-740-1260
UK 0800-496-0576
Swiss 0800-70-53-51
Italy 800182592
Access Code: 2155402


  • Actions from last meeting
    • Generate appropriate table to store absorber pressure and material information (Janusz) : (almost done)
    • DS readback current requires calibration (DL) : stands until close to powerup
    • Issues arising from last data taking run need to be identified and actioned (Boyd) : Stands
    • Move the tracker CAENbus module higher up the chain (Craig)
    • Get an estimate for how long it takes to wire in the chiller in (Andy)
  • DONM : 10/3/2016
    h1. Minutes
  • Present : Yordan, Paul H, Paul S, Mike C, Vicky B, Josef F, Coli W, Andy N, Craig M, Steve B, Pierrick H
  • Actions from last meeting
    • Generate appropriate table t
  • DC report
    • Focus coil won't go back in since the bellows have been switched around and now the screw hole tolerances no longer match.
    • When John gets back from holiday the FC will be pulled out and the bellows swapped
    • Daresbury work went well. An ongoing work plan is shown below
    • US team came out with a program of work, some of which can be done but because the racks are not fully commissioned the
      full program of work can't be completed.
    • This week HPC have started to work on the compressor for the DS. They are concerned about the temperature of the air end - it's
      too hot to touch. They plan to replace this in August. Colin:Can we just buy a new one rather than replace in August? Mike: What we
      get is effectively new but we should put an order in. Colin:we should do a comprehensive job on fixing the compressor so need to
      understand this issue. Action Item: Vicky will investigate the state of the refurbished air end to see what we get for our money.
    • Daresbury will allow the US to run into a short this week.
    • Alan B : the 20 psi main relief valve for SSU needs replacing. Alan has a replacement but it needs installation. This can happen
      when John is back next week.
  • Work plan for the next week :
    • Henry: Water plan goes into period when the DSA is closed. If we turn the water back on we may be in a situation where the
      water pipes to the conventional magnets could blow. If the DSA is closed we can't get to it. Colin: Good point. Henry: We also
      need the full ISIS running schedule spreadsheet. Colin:I've got something - I'll send it to you. Action Item: Colin will put the
      ISIS dates into his schedules including run up.
  • QP/QD work
  • Water system work plan : Colin:There is no day-by-day plan, but the plan for what is being done is understood. The plan is not going
    to plan due to delays in getting an external contractor. We'll put a project plan up here.
  • Bellows installation and FC cooldown : Colin:We can plan to pump the FC down and get it as dry as it can. Is there any reason
    to start cooling once it's pumped down. Josef: we can do this. Colin:once we're happy then we can start the coolers.
  • Tracker hall probe installation: Alan: Will start tomorrow - we have a plan which will get the losses down to an acceptable level.
  • AOB
    • Prescaled trigger discussion: Yordan is organising a phone meeting to develop the prescaled trigger. For those interested there
      is a Doodle poll for this meeting.
    • Henry: Still looking for people to train as BLOCs. BLOC training will happen in June. An invitation will be given at the VC.
    • Henry: Water detection in the trench? Pierrick: we have water detection in the trench but it's in the gutter and so shows water
      detection all the time. We need to come up with a proper plan. Action Item: Henry, Craig, Paul and Pierrick to look into optimising
      this for once and for all.
    • Henry: Can Paul lower the target frame and check that the laser light levels haven't changed. Yes.

Updated by Boyd, Steven over 7 years ago · 12 revisions