Project

General

Profile

Actions

Ops/Comm Scheduling meeting

Location : CR11 in R3 @ 15:30 pm on Tuesday 12th

Phone access : ReadyTalk number
US 866-740-1260
UK 0800-496-0576
Swiss 0800-70-53-51
Italy 800182592
Access Code: 2155402

Agenda

  • Actions from last meeting
    • Generate appropriate table to store absorber pressure and material information (Janusz)
    • Water detector in trench: (Pierrick / Craig)
    • DS readback current requires calibration (DL)
    • Ensure cooling channel magnet readback is accurate. Follow Rogers MICE note 474 procedure. - Action Jaroslaw
    • Issues arising from last data taking run need to be identified and actioned (Boyd)
  • DC report
  • Work plan for the next week : http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/attachments/5892/Mice_Hall_Plan-16-03-16.xlsx
    • Decay Solenoid status
    • Water system work
      • Date required by?
    • Bellows re-installation and realignment work
      • Priority compared to water system work?
    • QP/QD work
    • ISIS roof work and impact on MICE (scheduled for May/June)
    • Anything else
  • AOB
    • DSA Intercom (Henry)

Minutes

Present: Steve, Victoria B, Henry N, Craig M, Chris R, Paul H, Ed O, Andy M, Andy N, John G, Colin W

  • Actions from last meeting
    • Generate appropriate table to store absorber pressure and material information (Janusz) : Stands
    • Water detector in trench: (Pierrick / Craig) : Done. Pierrick needs to check software
    • DS readback current requires calibration (DL) : stands until close to powerup
    • Ensure cooling channel magnet readback is accurate. Follow Rogers MICE note 474 procedure. - Action Jaroslaw :
      • Chris talked with M. Courthold about current tolerances. Read note 474. Stands
    • Issues arising from last data taking run need to be identified and actioned (Boyd) : Stands
  • DC report
    • All is quiet on the western front. Issues are below.
    • Craig : last week there were a couple of issues which implies that we need to keep an eye on the entire system.
    • Action Item : Move the tracker CAENbus module higher up the chain (Craig)
  • Work plan for the next week : http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/attachments/5892/Mice_Hall_Plan-16-03-16.xlsx
    • Decay Solenoid status
      • Mark T/ Mike C not available for comment
      • Action Item : Ask Vicky Bayliss about the DS compressor which apparently has degraded since a recent service.
    • Water system work
      • Water system is priority. For the SS-cooling we need the water system operational by end of May. For
        the conventional magnets we need it by mid-June.
      • Discussion on the external chiller : Once it's running John needs to put an alarm on it. If we are running
        just with the external chiller and it fails we'll be in trouble. Colin wants to put the SS magnets on dewers during
        those periods where there is a risk that a chiller failure could occur with no backup.
      • Action Item : Get an estimate for how long it takes to wire in the chiller in (Andy)
      • Action Item : Colin and JOhn will come up with a plan for the water system work.
      • Action Item : Pierrick will need to review his water monitoring scheme (Pierrick)
    • Bellows re-installation and realignment work
      • John will install the new bellows and the empty FC this week. The FC will be moved into place on Thursday and the cooldown restarted.
      • There was discussion about whether we left the PRY open (Yes) which segued into a discussion on the safety requirements for people working on the PRY. There should be a safety deck on top of the PRY to make certain that people cannot fall in. However, it is clear that this deck will not be ready for May work. A long and inconclusive discussion occurred on what safety steps we need to put in place until the deck is ready.
      • Action Item : Colin/Andy will have a discussion about the best way to mitigate this safety issue.
      • Action Item : Everyone read Andy's safety document concerning magnets and work around the PRY (All)
      • Henry and Andy also brought up the issue of safe working in confined spaces. A safety document has been prepared by Andy which will outline how to safely work inside and around the PRY. Tasks which require work in or around the
        PRY will require separate risk assessments and method statements and will be authorised by the Hall Manager or the DC. The safety document will outline a list of PRY-related tasks with those permitted to carry out those tasks and the requirements to do so. This will be discused at the next Ops meeting
    • QP/QD work (Andy)
      • We need to revisit Steve Griffiths programme of work and see where we are
      • Action Item : Andy G will look at it and update the DC on where we are.
      • This week will see continuing work in the rack room and installation of the frames to hold the diodes and resistors for the QP/QD work. Also want to install the cables for trace heating - should be done by the time Alan turns up.
    • ISIS roof work and impact on MICE (scheduled for May/June)
      • ISIS want to do hot work on the roof above R5.1 in an area which carries lots of our services. John has spoken to ISIS
        who said that they'll wrap the cable trays in protective blankets. Colin points out that however careful they are there may be a mistake. If they knock the cooling water over then we may lose the solenoids. We need to service the SS with a Helium dewer whilst they work on the roof. John will try to negotiate so that the work happens at the end of the shutdown so our chiller is in place.
    • Anything else
  • AOB
    • DSA Intercom (Henry) : Action Item : Colin will find a cost code for this.
    • There an truncated data-file (run 7851) on disk. Can we delete it or something? Action Item : Steve to check what this run is and recommend action.
  • DONM : 26/4/2016

Updated by Boyd, Steven over 6 years ago ยท 8 revisions