20151201 » History » Revision 24

« Previous | Revision 24/33 (diff) | Next »
Boyd, Steven, 08 December 2015 16:37

Commissioning and Ops Scheduling meeting : 8/12/2015

To be held in CR10 in the ATLAS Building @ 15:30 pm

Phone access : ReadyTalk number
US 866-740-1260
UK 0800-496-0576
Swiss 0800-70-53-51
Italy 800182592
Access Code: 2155402


  • Review of tasks and activities identified at last meeting
    • Vacuum / Hydrogen system work : Mark Tucker
    • Running with Focus Coil : MOM
  • Upcoming activities : chaired by DC
    • This week's MICE Hall work plan (Paul)
    • Running from Sunday 13th to Thursday 17th
      • Is it feasible to run with an absorber? Which absorber? (Chris, All)
      • If not, what else do we do? FC in solenoid mode is current fallback plan.
    • Personal ODH alarm usage documentation and training (Paul)
    • MOM/DC Handover procedure (Andy)
    • Christmas break walkthrough plans
  • AOB
    • To-do list for Maintenance shutdown (January 2016)


Present : Paul, Celeste, Sophie, Victoria, Henry, Paolo, Andy, Chris R, Steve W, Steve B, Paul H, Josef, John G, Mark Tucker, Francois,
Ken Long, Colin Whyte, Melissa, John C, Yordan, Craig Macwaters, A Gallagher, Ed Overton, P. Hanlet


Vacuum work : most cables are done now. Should be finishing work off this week and then need to get to the stage
where controls work.
Hydrogen testing : leak testing done and localised.
Data taking : 4 days of good beam with 1 day of ISIS downtime. Took data for TOF0 alignment. Then data with FC 100A in flip mode
and -100 A in flip mode.


Comments on run plan

Tracker He system work : John will work on this. Leak is large and probably can't run with He in the US tracker. Leak is roughly
4 bottles of He / day and is hard to deal with without taking the patch panel apart. Can we try to gum it up around the seal of
the butterfly. If we decide to run next week we need to get He in the tracker volume somehow.

A Gallagher : Working on vacuum system
Taking out the SSU dump trays and taking them back to DL. Americans don't give this a high priority at the moment.

M Courthold : wants to do a 50 A test on the DS whilst it's cold some this week.

Colin : DL have contacted FUG with bespoke modifications to the DS PSU and FUG have agreed to the modifications. Hope to have
a working PS back in February.

Xenon : this was a baseline plan. We will not be running with Xe in the absorber due to safety concerns since we would have to put
1200 l of Xe in the buffer tank. Andy looked into the case for Xe - we have to get a permit to do it. Andy doesn't think we can
do it in time. Can we work around the buffer tank? Yes, but it's a significant engineering case. Paul says that the only think we
can do in the time available is room temperature nitrogen. John C: material comparison discussion (scat-mat.pdf). Only Xe works.
How much is 1200l of Xe and what is the delivery time.

Current plan : let's try to plan for Xe but expect to do measurements with the FC in solenoid mode.

Christmas walkthrough : Victoria will organise plans for Christmas walkthrough.

AOB: January list: Paul will hunt down system owners and ask them what they want to do in January so that we can develop a plan.

ALH : Spreadsheets need to be filled out and given to Pierrick.
Henry : need to sort out the temperature monitoring of Q4 and Q5 which have been swapped over after the user period is over.

John : wants to flush Q5 and Q6 in January.

Updated by Boyd, Steven over 8 years ago · 24 revisions