Project

General

Profile

Actions

Monday Operations Meeting (on Tuesday) : 7/4/2015

Agenda:

  • Action Items from previous meeting
    • minor changes to checklists (Steve) (stands)
    • Chase the OnMon changes in the MRD action items (Steve)
    • Request to ISIS that we be allowed to dip the target for a reference run on Friday afternoon (Steve)
    • Put together a list of signals that we want ISIS to send us to go into the Run Control or CDB (Pierrick/Henry)
    • Document RATS daemon crash signs in beamline documentation (Henry)
    • Work towards replacement of run conditions spreadsheet (All)
  • Friday training
  • Longer term plans
    • 11/12Apr15, 18/19Apr15 and 25/26Apr15: DS, CKOV,TOF0,TOF1, EMR, KL, TOF2 (& tracker?)

      *Check the TOF calibration. It will be important to take some data to be sure that the calibration is stable;
      *Proton absorber study
      *First pass of MICE Muon Beam (MMB) commissioning:
      *Start with the currents used in Step I to check the degree of reproducibility of particle rates;
      *Based on the revised simulation of the beam line (Jaroslaw Pasternak), start the search for the optimum magnet settings;
      *Commissioning and calibration of TOF2, KL and EMR will begin as soon as the south-side PRY is complete and the magnets and downstream
      detectors are in their final Step IV positions.

  • AOB
  • Next meeting : 3pm Monday 13th April

Phone access : ReadyTalk number

US 866-740-1260

UK 0800-496-0576

Swiss 0800-70-53-51

Access Code: 7368551

Minutes and Action Items

Agenda:

  • Action Items from previous meeting
    • minor changes to checklists (Steve) (stands)
    • Chase the OnMon changes in the MRD action items (Steve)
    • Request to ISIS that we be allowed to dip the target for a reference run on Friday afternoon (Steve)
    • Put together a list of signals that we want ISIS to send us to go into the Run Control or CDB (Pierrick/Henry)
    • Document RATS daemon crash signs in beamline documentation (Henry)
    • Work towards replacement of run conditions spreadsheet (All)
  • Review of weekend run

    There was no weekend run

  • Plans for April 11/12 running

    The base run plan assumes that the DS will be available. If this is the case we need a list of magnet settings from Jaroslaw.
    Pierrick put in a request to work on run control on Saturday morning and afternoon. We can accommodate his requirements around
    data taking. If the DS is not available we may cancel the shifts and turn over the run control to Pierrick completely. We will need
    to make this decision on the Friday morning run meeting.

    • Training plans

    Henry wants to do shifter target training. However, if ISIS allow us to take a reference run on Friday afternoon/evening, then
    he thinks it would be more efficient to do the shifter target training then. Steve to ask Dean if we can do this.

    • Shifters
  • Friday training
    • Control room training at 13:00 pm
      PPS training at 15:00 pm followed by shifter target training and a reference run.*

Action Items from this meeting

  • Inform Dean that we are putting a list of signals from ISIS together. (Steve)
  • Ask Dean/Alan whether we can dip the target on Friday afternoon and take a reference run (Steve)
  • Work on being able to access archiver data from external sites (Paolo/Pierrick)
  • Get input on run plan from Jaroslaw (Jaroslaw/Steve/Milorad)

Updated by Boyd, Steven about 7 years ago ยท 9 revisions