Preparation for each running period (data-taking campaign)¶
Create a run plan page in the repository How many muons will be needed? How much data will this generate at 100 kB each? (#900) Decide how many days you need What detector calibration runs will be needed?
- Schedule updated surveys if equipment has been moved [**] 2 months before running
Notify Henry Nebrensky (for Data Mover cover and data volume, and BLOC cover), and Durga Rajaram (computing cover) 1 month before running Request shifter and on-call cover Notify Mike Courthold, as Decay Solenoid cool-down must start 2 weeks before runninghanded off to Henry as beamline expert Make a request to ISIS for data taking (1 week before running)confirmation from in-person "meeting" with Mike Krendler inform Paul Wright, who is the site Radiation Protection Advisor, by email of start and finish times of each MICE experimental run.
He has also requested that T-type dosimeters be placed at various points within the Hall - he will organise and take charge of that.
Not necessary, we are not running with beam
- Ensure up-to-date documentation and checklists in MLCR
Check Hall air-conditioning units all work Check beamline polarity and get it changed if needed Check POMPOM voltage and make sure is correct at 12 V Check ISIS software applications and logins still work Check manual proton absorber readout(#562) [**] Not required, auto proton absorber is in place Check DS turret fan is running [**]okay Ask Pierrick to change Run Control over to production ConfigDB instancewe will do this as a test of Run Control Locate latest run summary spreadsheetit is copied to the home area of onrec01 Check PPS doors/BOBs OKMICE hall main door has a problem, else all okay
- Check target frame movement [**]
- Turn on SY527 and SY127 HV supplies referring to RAMS
Cranes moved to West end of Hall (away from ISIS)Not necessary, we are not running beam/PPS
- Erect temporary fencing around Q789/TOF1, around TOF2/KL, and across gap by sliding floors
- Authorization to Work (ATWs) in Collaboration with Andy Nichols
- RAMS for powering the magnets
Go to http://miceserv1.micenet.rl.ac.uk/updates and disable auto-updatesdisabled
- Run up all beamline magnets
While magnets are ON - make visual inspection of Magnet-ON lights located on each beamline magnetnot necessary any more, goes in annual maintenance
- Test target (dipping and frame movement)
- make sure DAQ works (e.g. takes cosmic data) and is in a sensible configuration (selection of spill gate/trigger condition/event buffer etc.)
N.B. Items ** may need DSA or ISIS access to rectify any problems