Launchpad usage » History » Version 12
Rogers, Chris, 02 August 2012 14:59
h1. Launchpad usage
All "code":https://code.launchpad.net/mice used in mice is hosted on launchpad in the "mice project group":https://launchpad.net/mice
h2. Initialise a project as bzr
If you have an existing code project, say <my-project>, make it a bzr project by doing
bzr push lp:~<user-name>/<my-project>/branch-name
h2. Make the Launchpad Branch a Launchpad Project
First register the project
* Go to the "launchpad website":https://launchpad.net
* You may need to login (button in top right corner)
* Click Register a Project (mid-right of screen) and fill in all fields
* Click continue. Launchpad will ask you to verify there is no existing project covering the same work
* Click continue. Fill in the rest of the fields
You have now made a project. Next you need to register your branch against the project
* Click "trunk"
* Click "link to branch" in the middle of the page or equivalently "Configure series branch" on the right hand side of the page
* Enter branch details
h2. Registering your Project with MICE Project group
Now make it a part of the MICE project group.
* Go to project home page
* Project home page (e.g. https://launchpad.net/maus) > Change Details > "Part of" field > Enter "mice"
You can see all branches associated with all projects associated with mice by following
with options to sort by project/etc. You can create a new project in MICE by doing
https://launchpad.net/mice > Register a project in MICE Software
You should also ask to be added to mice-maintainers group.
h2. Other things
If you think more than one person might want to maintain your project, you may want to make a project group.
* From https://launchpad.net click register a team
* Enter team details
* Team is created. The user who created the team is always a member. You may want to add more members