All code used in mice is hosted on launchpad in the mice project group
Setting up bzr and launchpad¶
- You should install a recent version of bzr.
- You can get your bzr version by doing bzr --version
- You can get bzr from http://bazaar.canonical.com/en/ or usually apt-get or equivalent has a bzr version
- You need to set up a launchpad login and ssh keys at the launchpad website (https://launchpad.net/).
- Once you have a login, do
bzr whoami "John Smith <firstname.lastname@example.org>"
- At RAL, you will should make sure your proxy is set by doing
export https_proxy=http://wwwcache.rl.ac.uk:8080 ### Only if you are at RAL
- To use launchpad you will need to set your ssh rsa key. You can generate a ssh rsa public - private key pair from the linux command line using:
ssh-keygenMake sure you set a good password when given the option (too weak and the process will fail). This then generates two files, id_rsa (your private key) and id_rsa.pub (your public key). Both files should be put in the (hidden) directory:
~/.ssh/You will need to set the permissions on the files too, using the following:
chmod 600 id_rsa chmod 640 id_rsa.pubFor the interested reader, there is a nice chmod tutorial available at http://catcode.com/teachmod/ .
Upload the text of your public key to your launchpad account, and you are good to go.
- Once you have set up your key, you will be able to connect bazaar to your launchpad ID with:
bzr launchpad-login jsmith
Initialise a project as bzr¶
If you have an existing code project, say <my-project>, make it a bzr project by doing
cd <my-project> bzr init bzr push lp:~<user-name>/<my-project>/branch-name
Make the Launchpad Branch a Launchpad Project¶First register the project
- Go to the launchpad website
- You may need to login (button in top right corner)
- Click Register a Project (mid-right of screen) and fill in all fields
- Click continue. Launchpad will ask you to verify there is no existing project covering the same work
- Click continue. Fill in the rest of the fields
- Click "trunk"
- Click "link to branch" in the middle of the page or equivalently "Configure series branch" on the right hand side of the page
- Enter branch details
Registering your Project with MICE Project group¶
Now make it a part of the MICE project group.
- Go to project home page
- Project home page (e.g. https://launchpad.net/maus) > Change Details > "Part of" field > Enter "mice"
You can see all branches associated with all projects associated with mice by following
with options to sort by project/etc. You can create a new project in MICE by doing
https://launchpad.net/mice > Register a project in MICE Software
You should also ask to be added to mice-maintainers group.
If you think more than one person might want to maintain your project, you may want to make a project team.
- From https://launchpad.net click register a team
- Enter team details
- Team is created. The user who created the team is always a member. You may want to add more members
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 10 years ago · 13 revisions