MEMO Ops 29112016 » History » Revision 3
User cycle : 2016/03 - Nov 15th - Dec 16th¶
- MOM : Ed Overton who has (today) handed over to Melissa Uchida.
- MICE is fully staffed (24 hours / day) to the end of the user cycle.
- Been operating since Nov 17th
- Nov 18 - Nov 23 : LiH materials programme
- Nov 24 - Nov 28 : Straight track running
- Nov 29 - : LiH materials + emittance reduction measurements
- Allowing BLOCs to be shifters at the same time has helped with BLOC scheduling
- Running has been largely smooth.
- Major issues to date :
- ISIS instability
- One of the pumps supplying cooling water to the conventional magnets failed leading to continual conventional magnet trips (problem has been understood and mitigation in place, if not fixed)
- Operational (not to mention personal) concerns over non-delivery of UK grant and imminent disappearance of expert personnel.