MEMO Ops 29112016 » History » Version 2
Boyd, Steven, 29 November 2016 13:52
h3. User cycle : 2016/03 - Nov 15th - Dec 16th
* MOM : Ed Overton who has (today) handed over to Melissa Uchida.
* MICE is fully staffed (24 hours / day) to the end of the user cycle.
* Been operating since Nov 17th
** Nov 18 - Nov 23 : LiH materials programme
** Nov 24 - Nov 28 : Straight track running
** Nov 29 - : LiH materials + emittance reduction measurements
* Running has been largely smooth.
* Major issues to date :
** ISIS instability
** One of the pumps supplying cooling water to the conventional magnets failed leading to continual conventional magnet trips (problem has been understood and mitigation in place, if not fixed)
* Operational (not to mention personal) concerns over non-delivery of UK grant and imminent disappearance of expert personnel.