Project

General

Profile

2018-06-12-MEMOMIPO

Joint MICE Experiment Management Office and MICE International Project Office

12th June 2018; 15:30 BST

Phone details

Agenda

  1. Introduction: KL
  2. Notes of previous meeting and status of actions: All
    • PS: Generate two-pager to close-out common fund for next PSAG.
    • DR: Continue to push towards a persistence plan for the MICE IIT WWW site.
    • DR: Coordinate migration of mail server from IIT to jiscmail.
  3. Project Manager's report: CW
  4. Software and computing status: DR
  5. Paper status and plans: CR
  6. AOB

Notes

Present:
Chris Rogers
Peter Garbinicius
Colin Whyte
Durga Rajaram

  1. Introduction - KL is in another meeting, CR to chair
  2. Notes of previous meeting and status of actions: All
    • PS: Generate two-pager to close-out common fund for next PSAG.
      • No report - stands
    • DR: Continue to push towards a persistence plan for the MICE IIT WWW site.
      • Purchase order has been placed for webserver at IIT. Static mirror at RAL to be coordinated with Chris Brew.
    • DR: Coordinate migration of mail server from IIT to jiscmail.
      • KL will migrate EB and CB mailing lists to jiscmail
      • CR will migrate analysis mailing list to jiscmail
      • DR will migrate software mailing list to jiscmail
      • Other mailing lists are inactive and will be archived
  3. Project Manager's report: CW
    • See slides
    • Since VC
      • Tony will go into the synchrotron at next opportunity to check a few survey things
      • ISIS have offered resource to help clear MICE hall
      • Shipping container for US equipment now expected to arrive w/c 25th June; Alan Br likely to be available in that week
  4. Software and computing status: DR
    • V.Pec has generated a set of new TOF calibrations. TOF bad channel patch has also been brough in. DR running some tests, in time for next release.
    • 2017/03 geometry has wrong alignment corrections; fix is in hand.
    • Global track matching for backtracking from TKD is now in test. Will not make next release.
    • Discussion regarding "cuts" routines; they should be run by default; DR asked CR to check the default values are reasonable
    • Handover of computing project
      • Archiving mostly done
      • Needs some one to manage any data issues and new users (for GRID)
      • Durga needs to hand over geometry and "all those things". Some discussion of the details. Action: DR to make a list.
  5. Paper status and plans: CR
    • No update since VC
  6. AOB
    • No AOB

Summary of actions:

  • PS: Generate two-pager to close-out common fund for next PSAG.
  • DR: List the tasks that need to be handed over for software and computing.

Back to MEMO:

Back

Back to MIPO:

Back

Documents

PM-MEMO-18-06-12.pdf (212 KB) Whyte, Colin, 12 June 2018 14:54