Status of papers¶
- Scattering straight tracks paper
- TOF "momentum" reconstruction issues resolved;
- Still working through understanding bias due to acceptance/inefficiency
- Noticed issue with 200 MeV/c data; systematically narrower scattering distributions in overlapping momentum region compared to other data sets. Working through the issue.
- Emittance paper
- Observed ~ 2 MeV/c residual between MC and TOF and similar between MC and tracker; sum is 5 MeV/c; may be consistent with offset between TOF and tracker in data; VB still staring at things;
- Hall probes still show significant discrepancy with data
- Demo paper
- KL is leading redrafting effort; distribution to collaboration by end of week; seek to discuss comments with JBLagrange following xmas break
- Energy loss in field
- Improved deconvolution algorithm; deconvolved distributions look better
- Need to do more digging into underlying reconstruction/validation
- Scattering in field
- Still working on understanding tracker u/s vs tracker d/s and checking that the track extrapolation is consistent
- Emittance reduction (and tracker efficiency)
- Working through tracker efficiency issues. Isolated to phi calculation in the pattern recognition which seems excessively noisy. Trying to understand source of noise. Number of things to check.
- Rogers checked fields and hall probes; hall probe discrepancy with fields to be understood; first pass on tracker->field alignment, no significant issue
- Holger is working on field maps for the 2016/04 data
- Ao is looking at sampling/weighting algorithms; no clear solution
- Tanaz is looking at KDE algorithm and associated bias
- Set of currents in hand courtesy of Ao: http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/attachments/8100/MICE_User_Run_2016_05-v1.xls
- Full tracking; they look pretty good.