2016-09-16 physics » History » Version 2
Rogers, Chris, 20 September 2016 14:10
h1. 2016-09-16 physics
* We have a final round of comments, aim is to finish by end of the week; redistribute to commenters only (it has had two goes around the collaboration)
* Victoria has added diffuser cuts; they look quite successful
* Need to calculate systematic error from "TOF bias" and "Hall probes" and then decide if they are acceptable
** Scott Wilbur and Victoria/Joe Langlands are chasing respectively
* Need to chase out MC issue
** Dipoles (Paolo/Rogers) or target simulation (Ao)?
* Ryan is working through systematic errors
** Looking at the "1/p" relationship and systematic due to momentum mis-reconstruction
** TOF binning
** Detector Alignment
** LiH composition
2016/02 Data analysis
* still stuttering to get an analysis started for 2016/02 (fields on) data/magnet alignment
* FC/transfer matrix analysis is hung up because we don't have a reconstruction with the detectors alignment in
* Ao has renewed his vow to look at the "residuals analysis" - I have also tried to pull in JB; let's see if they emerge. I can look once I finish MOM job
* Optics settings delivered
* Run with magnets w/c 26th September and week following; proposed "operational plan" to Colin, to be discussed; idea is to do optics scans in the day shift with magnet expert in attendance, one scattering measurement in the evening shift with magnet expert on-call, power down magnets overnight. Not yet confirmed.
* Propose LiH changeover w/c 10th October. Note user run ends 28th October.