Project

General

Profile

Actions

PC20012016

Wednesday 20 January 2016 at 15:00 GMT
Room CR09 RAL

Summary of Actions

Task Person Added Issue Number Comment
Fix Pattern Recognition bugs that cause loss in efficiency A. Dobbs 06/01/16 #1807
GRID MC running D. Maletic, D. Rajaram 02/12/15 Needs a champion - D. Maletic? Local running under DR until then.
Fix tracker coordinate system flips Tracker group 18/11/2015 #1792 Mostly done now - C. Hunt should have fixed by next meeting.
Add data_analyzable flag for each detector in post processing to CDB Detector software heads 16/09/2015 #1585
Add tracker efficiency plots to MAUS P. Kyberd 16/09/2015 -
Optimize residuals for final tracks C. Hunt - - Done for straights
Fix close to paraxial tracks producing nan output C. Hunt - -
Update tracker online plots M. Uchida - -
Detectors to provide uncertainties from reconstructions on: positions; momenta; tof time A. Dobbs - -
Implement dE/dx in Runge-Kutta J. Greis - - Branch to be ready for merging by next meeting
Verify scifi geometry correct in CDB C. Heidt, P. Kyberd 30/09/2015 - Check by running with MAUS (use ID 671)
Generate G4BL library R. Bayes 30/09/2015 -
A. Dobbs to kick off discussion on online EV with Y. Karadzhov 2016-01-20 - Do before next meeting

Release status

  • Current release = 1.4.0
  • Targets for release 1.5.0:
    • Fix tracker MC flip issues
    • Optimised tracker helical pattern recognition
  • Targets for future release:
    • Trigger MC
    • Tracker -- Kalman updates

Schedule

Detectors

  • Detector integration (D. Rajaram)
    • ACTION: Add data_analyzable flag for each detector in post processing to CDB (Detector software heads) #1585
  • Tracker (P. Kyberd)
    • ACTION Fix Pattern Recognition bugs that cause loss in efficiency #1807 (A. Dobbs)
    • ACTION Fix tracker coordinate system flips
    • MC studies of effect of 1T field on tracker performance (P. Kyberd, Analysis Group)
    • Space-point, track-finding efficiency studies partly blocked by lack of trigger #1182
    • ACTION: Optimize residuals for final tracks (C. Hunt)
    • ACTION: Fix close to paraxial tracks producing nan output (C. Hunt)
    • ACTION: Update tracker online plots (M. Uchida)
    • Flag low pt for downstream tracker reconstruction? (A. Dobbs)
  • TOF (D. Rajaram)
    • Restructure TOF MC Digitizer - part of trigger MC (D. Rajaram)
  • EMR (F. Drielsma)
    • attachment:maus151216_fd.pdf
  • KL (M. Bogomilov)
  • CKOV (A. Liu, D. Rajaram)
    • Calibration
    • Validate CKOV MC against data

Global Reconstruction

  • Tracking (J. Greis)
  • PID (C. Pidcott)
  • Detector output
    • Get detector output in global coordinate system (C. Heidt, C. Hunt), see #1631
  • ACTION: Detectors to provide uncertainties from reconstructions on: positions; momenta; tof time (A. Dobbs)
  • ACTION: Implement dE/dx in Runge-Kutta (J. Greis)

Monte Carlo

  • Monte Carlo trigger (D. Rajaram) #1182
    • Restructure TOF Digitisation and incorporate MapCppTrigger (D. Rajaram)

Geometry

  • Handling field maps in MAUS

G4BeamLine

Online Reconstruction

Batch Offline Reconstruction

  • GRID running 1.0.0
    • Enable MC GRID running again #1739
    • execute_against_data.py to always produce tarball Is this still relevant?
  • Offline Rec running 1.3.0

Infrastructure

  • InputCppRoot still using JSON (and so super slow) (D. Rajaram)
  • Fix geometry test which randomly produces large SOAP error (R. Bayes)
  • Fix problems when setting header_and_footer_mode to "dont_append" (C. Rogers, C. Pidcott)
  • Fix matplotlib install (A. Dobbs)

Performance

  • Speed improvements for MC
  • Beam generation excessive resource usage
    • Query analysis group requirements (in particular how many G4BL beams we need)
    • Consider alternative upstream beam generation code

Tools

Event Viewer

  • Add event viewer to MAUS #1799
  • * ACTION* A. Dobbs to kick off discussion on online EV with Y. Karadzhov before next meeting

Documentation

  • Update tracker (C. Heidt)
  • Update geometry (R. Bayes)

AOB

International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers

  • Switzerland: 0800705351
  • UK: 08004960576
  • US: 1-866-740-1260
  • Other numbers
  • Access Code: 5673390

Notes

Attendance

R. Bayes, A. Dobbs, F. Drielsma, J. Greis, C. Hunt, P. Kyberd, J. Nugent, C. Pidcott, D. Rajaram, C. Rogers, M. Savic, M. Uchida

Release Status

A. Dobbs will release 1.5.0 when tracker group provides MC fixes

Schedule

Detectors

  • KL
  • Ckov
  • EMR
  • Tracker
    • C. hunt expecting to fix remaining MC issues in next few days
    • M. Uchida expecting to get tracker online plots updated in next few weeks
  • TOF

Global Reconstruction

  • Global team will try to provide a branch for merging in their code before the next meeting.
  • J. Greis will discuss / email CR about issues with the tests
  • C. Pidcott now happy with uncertainties provided by detectors

Monte Carlo

Geometry

  • F. Drielsma to provide A. Dobbs with a branch for reading in Opera magnetic field model
  • Discussed where to store field map - CDB likely choice, 100Mb file

G4BeamLine

J. Nugent will update G4BL wiki page

Online Reconstruction

Batch Offline Reconstruction

  • D. Rajaram will getting MC batch running going on a local machine as short term fix.
  • D. Rajaram will continue working with D. Maletic to get full GRID MC back up again.
  • No MC running or real data reprocessing until tracker group gets the MC fixes in - A. Dobbs will do a full MAUS release when code is provided

Infrastructure

Performance

Tools

  • A. Dobbs to kick off discussion on online EV with Y. Karadzhov before next meeting

AOB

  • Software workshop at CM44 likely to be on the Friday afternoon, A. Dobbs to confirm

Next meeting: 15:00 GMT, 3rd Feb 16

Updated by Dobbs, Adam about 5 years ago ยท 12 revisions