Project

General

Profile

Actions

PC100914

Wednesday 10th September 2014 at 15:00 RAL

Agenda

  • Release status
    • Current release = 0.9.0
    • Targets for next release:
      • TOF Calibrations by-run
      • KL Calibrations to DB
      • EMR -- digitization, reconstruction
      • DAQ maps to DB #1375 (needs #994)
  • Detectors
    • Detector integration (Durga Rajaram)
    • Tracker (Adam Dobbs)
      • Space-point, track-finding efficiency studies partly blocked by lack of trigger #1182
      • ACTION: flag low pt for downstream reconstruction
      • ACTION: ADC smearing, Cosmic data -- need input from David Adey
      • ACTION: MC ADC-modeling refactor
    • TOF (Durga Rajaram)
      • calibration by-run getter having CDB issues #1519
        • push to trunk
    • EMR (Yordan Karadzhov/Francois Drielsma)
      • MC #1033
      • ACTION: Francois to push his code to lp
      • does the "extra events" from EMR affect MC trigger formation?
        • Communication from François: code is in private branch on lp, MC digitizer v1 is complete, Reconstruction being worked on
    • KL (Mariyan Bogomilov)
      • STANDING: MC validation, optimization, tuning, #1411
    • RealData (Yordan Karadzhov)
      • DAQ channel maps to DB (Rajaram) #1375, blocked by #994
    • Ckov (Drews/Winter/Rajaram)
      • Finalize geometry
      • ACTION: DR get Lucien's geometry into MAUS
        • does the MiceModules code need change? Material definitions?
    • Global Recon (Jan Greis/Celeste Pidcott)
      • ACTION: Need uncertainties from detector reconstructions. Uncertainties on track points, momenta; Uncertainties on tof time. How? Also will need datastructure modifications once we understand how to get the uncertainties
    • Tracking (Greis)
    • PID (Pidcott)
    • Monte Carlo trigger (Ryan Bayes) #1182
      • ACTION: DR to look over fix build issues
      • restructure TOF digi?
  • Infrastructure
    • Geometry/MC (Stefania Ricciardi/Ryan Bayes)
      • Ckov geometry update (Cremaldi)
      • need positions of survey nests from detector groups
  • Speed improvements (Bayes)
    • see 21 July Geometry meeting
  • MC Beam
    • Standing: There is a request to have G4BL decks in the CDB. JN will handle the interface code
    • ACTION: MapPyBeamMaker gets appropriate currents for requested run -- get this code into the trunk
  • GRID and Batch Production (Chris Rogers/Janusz Martyniak)
    • #1489 grid processing on hold because of memory leak
    • Memory usage ~2.5 GB
    • Try grid running again?
  • Code deployment (All)
  • Documentation
  • Data Structure
  • AOB
  • Date of next meeting September 24 2014

International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers

  • Switzerland: 0800705351
  • UK: 08004960576
  • US: 1-866-740-1260
  • Other numbers
    Access Code: 5673390

Notes

Attendance

Ryan Bayes
Adam Dobbs
Chris Heidt
Chris Hunt
John Nugent
Celeste Pidcott
Chris Rogers

KL

  • Calibrations are in DB
  • If run-by-run dependence is anticipated, need to update interface code to handle it (DR)
  • Validation is as good as it gets, tuning might keep ticking along until at least PID paper completion

Ckov

  • Updated geometry in trunk
  • MC need to check if Lucien's student is going to do it, if not DR

EMR

  • François has v1 of digitizer in his branch - would like to get this into the trunk after tests are written
  • Reconstruction (track) in progress - FD says CM40 is a realistic deadline to get this in

Tracker

  • D.Adey suggests changing the ADC modeling to reflect p.e. drop-off on some of the boards (saturation?)
  • C.Heidt to rework the digitizer - consensus to have a meeting when algorithm design is in place
  • Several updates from Santos on Kalman, seems to improve things. A.Dobbs to check with Santos on sched updates and pending issues
  • Would like to get some cosmic data before March; means need DAQ-unpacking issues resolved before then.

TOF

  • understand resolutions from latest calibrations (DR/YK)

Global

  • Global meetings have been on hold, hoping to get them restarted next week

MC

Geometry

  • Tracker geometry -- He windows are in, but waiting for expert guidance on actual position
  • issues with GDML implementation due to overlap volumes coming from CAD drawings. RB has asked JT for drawings without overlaps. Waiting.
  • survey nest positions from detectors -- should be handled via CDB table.
  • A: specification needed for Janusz to implement this

G4BL

  • JN's KL and G4BL region updates are in his branch, DR to pull them in.

GRID

  • CR to take a look at OutputCpp ROOT-mess re freeing memory.
  • Try to run batch again with next release
  • RB coming up with specs for running batch MC. Will only have TOF/Tracker/KL digitizers but that's probably good enough to do emittance reconstruction sims

Build system

Infrastructure

Miscellaneous

Updated by Rajaram, Durga over 6 years ago · 9 revisions