Wednesday 02 December 2015 at 15:00 GMT
Room CR09 RAL
- Table of contents
- Summary of Actions
- Release status
- Global Reconstruction
- Monte Carlo
- Online Reconstruction
- Batch Offline Reconstruction
- International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers
Summary of Actions¶
|GRID MC running - MS to talk to DM||M. Savic, D. Maletic||02/12/15||Needs a champion - D. Maletic?|
|Fix matplotlib install||A. Dobbs||02/12/15|
|Fix tracker coordinate system flips||Tracker group||18/11/2015||#1792||Mostly done now|
|Add data_analyzable flag for each detector in post processing to CDB||Detector software heads||16/09/2015||#1585|
|Fix problems when setting header_and_footer_mode to "dont_append"||C. Rogers, C. Pidcott||16/09/2015||-||Could be SWIG|
|Restructure TOF Digitisation and incorporate MapCppTrigger||D. Rajaram||-||#1182|
|Add tracker efficiency plots to MAUS||P. Kyberd||16/09/2015||-|
|Optimize residuals for final tracks||C. Hunt||-||-||Done for straights|
|Fix close to paraxial tracks producing nan output||C. Hunt||-||-|
|Update tracker online plots||M. Uchida||-||-|
|Detectors to provide uncertainties from reconstructions on: positions; momenta; tof time||A. Dobbs||-||-|
|Implement dE/dx in Runge-Kutta||J. Greis||-||-||Almost ready for trunk|
|Fix cdb geometry download by current geomtry||J. Martinyak||18/11/2015||-||Almost there|
|Verify scifi geometry correct in CDB||C. Heidt, P. Kyberd||30/09/2015||-||Check by running with MAUS (use ID 671)|
|Generate G4BL library||R. Bayes||30/09/2015||-|
- Current release = 1.3.0
- Targets for release 1.4.0:
- Fix tracker flip issues
- CDB cooling channel current read in
- Targets for future release:
- Trigger MC
- Tracker -- Kalman updates
- Detector integration (D. Rajaram)
- ACTION: Add data_analyzable flag for each detector in post processing to CDB (Detector software heads) #1585
- Tracker (P. Kyberd)
- ACTION Fix tracker coordinate system flips
- MC studies of effect of 1T field on tracker performance (P. Kyberd, Analysis Group)
- Space-point, track-finding efficiency studies partly blocked by lack of trigger #1182
- ACTION: Optimize residuals for final tracks (C. Hunt)
- ACTION: Fix close to paraxial tracks producing nan output (C. Hunt)
- ACTION: Update tracker online plots (M. Uchida)
- Flag low pt for downstream tracker reconstruction? (A. Dobbs)
- TOF (D. Rajaram)
- Restructure TOF MC Digitizer - part of trigger MC (D. Rajaram)
- EMR (F. Drielsma)
- KL (M. Bogomilov)
- CKOV (A. Liu, D. Rajaram)
- Validate CKOV MC against data
- Tracking (J. Greis)
- PID (C. Pidcott)
- Detector output
- Get detector output in global coordinate system (C. Heidt, C. Hunt), see #1631
- ACTION: Detectors to provide uncertainties from reconstructions on: positions; momenta; tof time (A. Dobbs)
- ACTION: Implement dE/dx in Runge-Kutta (J. Greis)
- Monte Carlo trigger (D. Rajaram) #1182
- ACTION: Restructure TOF Digitisation and incorporate MapCppTrigger (D. Rajaram)
- Have prototype GUI and prototype ROOT-based document DB to replace maus-web-app and django #1312 (C. Rogers)
- Software On Call (A. Dobbs)
Batch Offline Reconstruction¶
- GRID running 1.0.0
- Enable MC GRID running again #1739
- execute_against_data.py to always produce tarball Is this still relevant?
- Offline Rec running 1.3.0
- ACTION Fix geometry test which randomly produces large SOAP error (R. Bayes)
- ACTION Fix problems when setting header_and_footer_mode to "dont_append" (C. Rogers, C. Pidcott)
- ACTION Fix matplotlib install (A. Dobbs)
- Speed improvements for MC
- Beam generation excessive resource usage
- Query analysis group requirements (in particular how many G4BL beams we need)
- Consider alternative upstream beam generation code
- Add event viewer to MAUS #1799
- Update tracker (C. Heidt)
- Update geometry (R. Bayes)
International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers¶
- Switzerland: 0800705351
- UK: 08004960576
- US: 1-866-740-1260
- Other numbers
- Access Code: 5673390
R. Bayes, J. Greis, C. Heidt, J. Nugent, C. Pidcott, D. Rajaram, M.Savic
A. Dobbs needs to fix formatting and email those who need to provide updates.
Data analysable flags for each detector now to be implemented in post-processing, info then shown in CDB. D. Rajaram can implement, but detector groups still need to specify their 'good' or 'bad' criteria.
Loads of new work to go in to trunk. F. Drielsma will give a presentation soon when code is ready.
Coordinate flip issues seem to be fixed! Need to do more checking but looking good. Seem to see momentum flips in final track fit for straights however (no corresponding study for helical yet) - referring to C. Hunt.
J. Greis blocked by tracker flip issue. Should be able to make quick progress when fix is in place. JG also waiting on C. Pidcott test updates, which should be done soon.
When various blocks are out of the way shouldn't been too long, depending on what surprises appear, to being able to do performance analyses on global tracking. Estimate time of somewhere in January.
DR has profiled code during MC running. Slowness mainly due to GEANT4 stuff. Considerable job to fix. Manpower issues.
Bug in downloading cooling channel currents from CDB. R. Bayes expecting to fix merged within a week (targeted for next release).
Y. Karadzhov now leading effort on new OnlineRecon system
Batch Offline Reconstruction¶
MC GRID running needs a champion. Possibly D. Maletic. M. Savic will talk to him, D. Rajaram and A. Dobbs the contact points.
OfflineRecon machine now running MAUS-v1.3.0.
SOAP error probably arises from hack on the server which restarts PostGres (due to a memory leak). When PostGres is restarting get the SOAP. Could get each MAUS cdb call to also try a different slave if communication fails. NO manpower to implement the fix at present.
See MC notes.
Lots of progress on event viewer development. See issue #1799. M. Savic still seeing problems when trying to get spacepoints to match detector positions and PR fit output (trackpoints now seem ok). Wait until tracker fixes go in, then look again, and use spacepoint get_global_position method. A. Dobbs trying to get straight pr track parameters to output in global coords too.
Updated by Dobbs, Adam over 7 years ago · 15 revisions