Project

General

Profile

Actions

PC02032016

Wednesday 2 March 2016 at 15:00 GMT
Room CR09 RAL

Summary of Actions

Task Person Added Issue Number Comment
Fix Kalman x interpolation in absence of seed spacepoint C. Hunt 02/03/2016 -
A. Dobbs to kick off discussion on online EV with Y. Karadzhov A. Dobbs 20/01/2016 - Do before next meeting
Urgently need validation plot from detectors to integrate with geometry & reconstruction to make sure geometry+reco is OK D. Rajaram 03/02/2016 Examples at the bottom
Fix Pattern Recognition bugs that cause loss in efficiency A. Dobbs 06/01/16 #1807 Done for straights
GRID MC running D. Maletic, D. Rajaram 02/12/15 Needs a champion - D. Maletic? Local running under DR until then.
Fix tracker coordinate system flips Tracker group 18/11/2015 #1792 Mostly done now - C. Hunt should have fixed by next meeting.
Add data_analyzable flag for each detector in post processing to CDB Detector software heads 16/09/2015 #1585
Add tracker efficiency plots to MAUS P. Kyberd 16/09/2015 - Hopefully done by next meeting
Optimize residuals for final tracks C. Hunt - - Done for straights
Fix close to paraxial tracks producing nan output C. Hunt - -
Update tracker online plots M. Uchida - - Just needs final testing
Implement dE/dx in Runge-Kutta J. Greis - - In release 2.0.0, but needs a debug fix

Release status

  • Current release = 2.0.0
  • Targets for release 2.1.0:
    • Tracker -- Fix final geometry issues
    • Tracker -- Kalman updates
    • Tracker -- CDB calibration pull down fix
    • Tracker -- OnRec plots update
    • EMR -- Performance update
    • OnRec -- C++ reducer updates
    • Geometry -- sync gdml with mice modules
    • Global Runge-Kutta fix
  • Targets for future release:
    • Framework -- trigger MC
    • Framework -- fix InputCppDataRoot
    • Tracker -- fix Kalman interpolation in absence of seed spacepoint
    • Tracker -- Optimise helical pattern recognition

Schedule

Detectors

  • Detector integration (D. Rajaram)
    • ACTION: Add data_analyzable flag for each detector in post processing to CDB (Detector software heads) #1585, #1689
  • Tracker (P. Kyberd)
    • ACTION Fix Pattern Recognition bugs that cause loss in efficiency #1807 (A. Dobbs)
    • ACTION Fix tracker coordinate system flips
    • MC studies of effect of 1T field on tracker performance (P. Kyberd, Analysis Group)
    • Space-point, track-finding efficiency studies partly blocked by lack of trigger #1182
    • ACTION: Optimize residuals for final tracks (C. Hunt)
    • ACTION: Fix close to paraxial tracks producing nan output (C. Hunt)
    • ACTION: Update tracker online plots (M. Uchida)
    • ACTION: Fix Kalman x interpolation in absence of seed spacepoint (C. Hunt)
    • Flag low pt for downstream tracker reconstruction? (A. Dobbs)
  • TOF (D. Rajaram)
    • Restructure TOF MC Digitizer - part of trigger MC (D. Rajaram)
  • EMR (F. Drielsma)
  • KL (M. Bogomilov)
  • CKOV (A. Liu, D. Rajaram)
    • Calibration
    • Validate CKOV MC against data

Global Reconstruction

  • Tracking (J. Greis)
  • PID (C. Pidcott)

Monte Carlo

  • Monte Carlo trigger (D. Rajaram) #1182
    • Restructure TOF Digitisation and incorporate MapCppTrigger (D. Rajaram)

Geometry

  • RB to do last fix to sync gdml with mice modules for next release

G4BeamLine

Online Reconstruction

Batch Offline Reconstruction

  • MAUS running fails on GRID (#1815)
  • GRID running 1.0.0
    • Enable MC GRID running again #1739
    • execute_against_data.py to always produce tarball Is this still relevant?
    • numpy ATLAS library is causing issues on GRID (J. Martyniak, A. Dobbs)
  • Offline Rec running 2.0.0

Infrastructure

  • InputCppRoot still using JSON (and so super slow) (A. Dobbs, C. Rogers) (#1814)
    • New InputCppDataRoot module is fast but crashes quickly
  • Fix geometry test which randomly produces large SOAP error (R. Bayes)
  • Fix problems when setting header_and_footer_mode to "dont_append" (C. Rogers, C. Pidcott)

Performance

  • Speed improvements for MC
  • Beam generation excessive resource usage
    • Query analysis group requirements (in particular how many G4BL beams we need)
    • Consider alternative upstream beam generation code

Tools

Event Viewer

  • Add event viewer to MAUS #1799
  • ACTION A. Dobbs to kick off discussion on online EV with Y. Karadzhov before next meeting

Documentation

  • Update tracker (C. Heidt)
  • Update geometry (R. Bayes)

AOB

International Toll-Free Dial-in numbers

  • Switzerland: 0800705351
  • UK: 08004960576
  • US: 1-866-740-1260
  • Other numbers
  • Access Code: 5673390

Notes

Attendance

R. Bayes, A. Dobbs, J. Greis, C. Hunt, P. Kyberd, D. Rajaram, M. Savic

Release Status

Schedule

Detectors

  • All detectors
  • KL
  • Ckov
  • EMR
  • Tracker
    • Last geometry fix is being tested, should be in soon
    • MU testing new plots for OnRec
    • PK will help add with helical pat rec efficiency when MOM tenure finishes
  • TOF

Global Reconstruction

  • Bug in RK4 for real data. JG will fix.
  • CP has updates for next release.

Monte Carlo

Geometry

G4BeamLine

  • G4BL library now just about done

Online Reconstruction

  • All reducers for new OnRec system will need to C++ based

Batch Offline Reconstruction

  • D. Maletic has agreed to head up GRID MC effort

Infrastructure

Performance

Tools

Event viewer for offline almost ready to go. MS will discuss with DR about how to implement online version.

AOB

Next meeting 16th March 2016 at 15:00 GMT

Updated by Dobbs, Adam over 5 years ago · 19 revisions