Rogers, Chris, 16 March 2011 09:08
h1. MAUS User Documentation
There are several applications in the MAUS schema:
* _Simulation_ tracks particles through a given geometry.
h2. Configuration manipulation
MAUS uses a set of user-modifiable files to control the application configuration. Variables such as input geometry, field arrangement and detector parameters can all be modified by the user.
* Documentation on geometry file generation is available in "pdf":http://www.mice.iit.edu/software/g4mice_doc/Mice_Module-2-4-1.pdf or "html":http://www.mice.iit.edu/software/g4mice_doc/Mice_Module-2-4-1.html format.
* Documentation on global run controls is available in "html":http://www.mice.iit.edu/software/g4mice_doc/datacards-2-4-1.html format.
* [[Materials-2-4-1|List of valid materials]]
h2. Changing application modules
MAUS uses a modular structure in its applications. Uses can alter the modules which a particular application runs or define their own application. Modules are of several types.
* _Maps_ are executed once per spill and manipulate the spill data in some way (for example, try to do pattern recognition on tracker digits).
* _Reduces_ are executed once per run and manipulate all the spills in some way (for example, make a histogram of the tracker light yield).
* _Runners_ control how Maps and Reduces are executed, for example controlling multithreading or doing some optimisation.