MAUSUser » History » Revision 15
« Previous |
| Next »
Rogers, Chris, 12 April 2011 10:00
MAUS User Documentation¶
MAUS usage is handled by several applications that enable basic usage of the framework. Each application runs several modules against a particular configuration. The particular modules that the application runs, and the configuration that is run against, can all be modified by the user.
There are several applications in the MAUS schema:
- Simulation tracks particles through a given geometry. Simulation uses the following modules
- BeamGenerator generates a beam as defined by the user
- ReferenceParticle pushes a single particle through the geometry to phase the cavities
- Tracking pushes particles through the geometry
- VirtualPlanes extracts information on particle tracks as they cross flat planes in space or time.
MAUS uses a set of user-modifiable files to control the application configuration. Variables such as input geometry, field arrangement and detector parameters can all be modified by the user.
- Documentation on geometry file generation is available in pdf or html format.
- Documentation on global run controls is available in html format.
- List of valid materials
Changing application modules¶
MAUS uses a modular structure in its applications. Uses can alter the modules which a particular application runs or define their own application. Modules are of several types.
- Maps are executed once per spill and manipulate the spill data in some way (for example, try to do pattern recognition on tracker digits).
- Reduces are executed once per run and manipulate all the spills in some way (for example, make a histogram of the tracker light yield).
- Runners control how Maps and Reduces are executed (for example controlling multithreading or doing some optimisation).
The different modules are listed in the Components section.
Data is passed between different parts of the framework in tree-like structured data files. The tree structure is described in the DataStructure section.
Updated by Rogers, Chris about 12 years ago · 15 revisions