MAUS User Documentation¶
MAUS uses a set of user-modifiable files to control the application configuration. Variables such as input geometry, field arrangement and detector parameters can all be modified by the user.
- Documentation on geometry file generation is available in pdf or html format.
- Documentation on global run controls is available in html format.
- List of valid materials
Changing application modules¶
MAUS uses a modular structure in its applications which can also be modified by the user. Modules are of several types.
- Maps are executed once per spill and manipulate the spill data in some way (for example, try to do pattern recognition on tracker digits).
- Reduces are executed once per run and manipulate all the spills in some way (for example, make a histogram of the tracker light yield).
- Runners control how Maps and Reduces are executed, for example controlling multithreading or doing some optimisation.