Project

General

Profile

Actions

GEOM290713

Date for next meeting: 12 August at 15.00 BST

  • Geometry (Ryan Bayes)
  • Geometry Verification (Stefania Ricciardi)
  • Absorbers (Pavel Snopok)
  • CAD Models (Jason Tarrant)
  • Detector Groups: Tracker (Chris Heidt?)
  • Magnets (Victoria Blackmore, others?)
  • AOB

Discussion Items

  • What is missing to provide simulation for the October STEP1 EMR run?
    • Integration survey CAD
    • Magnetic fields (currents from CDB to MAUS Modules)
    • EMR GDML description
  • We will resume this discussion in the next meeting. If it is realistic to make STEP1 with fields MC work for the October run, this will become our priority, before the STEP IV implementation.

Actions from Previous Meeting

  • Jason - to circulate material properties and STEP/GDML files for latest model
    • DONE
  • ACTION: Ryan to upload latest Jason's CAD model to DB to have a first version of STEP IV geometry in a MAUS release.
    Diffuser and cooling channel in two separate CAD files to be merged.
    • STANDS A frist version without diffuser and less elements (simpler meterial breakdowsn) has however been uploaded to the DB
  • ACTION: Stefania to check how much time/particle/s with CAD geometry on RAL Tier2 (Matt reports 2.8 s/particle on his laptop)
    • STANDS Stefania checked that legacy files give 2.7s/muon with STEP IV on TIER2 PPD machines and has tried to compile without success Ryan's developer version. A stable version of in a release will probably be required to do these tests.
  • ACTION translate TOF (from legacy files updated by Durga), DIFFUSER (CAD files from Jason) geometry to gdml and store to DB (Ryan)
    • STANDS - integrated legacy geometries for TOF, translation to GDML regarded low priority but will be done
  • ACTION: Integrate Absorber (MAUS Modules) by Pavel in new geometry and store to DB (Ryan)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: FIX tracker GDML files - problem in translation to MAUS Modules (Ryan and Chris H.)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: Improving TRACKER Geometry description - fibres outside fiducial region (Heidt)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: Victoria Blackmore to implement magnet field map interface (Victoria)
    • STANDS

Phone etc

Dial-in numbers

  • UK: 0844 4 73 73 73
  • Switzerland: 0848 560 347
  • US: 1 415 363 0833 (or 1 646 652 0772)
  • Italy: 0821 230 749
  • Others listed below
  • Skype +49 1803 001 178

PIN: 746868 (PIMUNU)

International Dial in numbers

  • UK: 0844 4 73 73 73
  • Austria 0820 4000 1502
  • Belgium 070 35 98 66
  • France 0821 230 749
  • Germany 01803 001 177
  • Ireland 0818 270 007
  • Italy 848 391 819
  • Netherlands 0870 001 909
  • Poland 0801 003 533
  • South Africa 087 550 0375
  • Spain 902 885 318
  • Sweden 0939 2066 300
  • Switzerland 0848 560 347
  • United States 1 415 363 0833 (or 1 646 652 0772)
  • Skype +49 1803 001 178
  • World +44 844 580 0555

Actions

  • Jason - to give corrected GDML files for latest model to RYAN
    • NEW
  • ACTION: Ryan to upload latest Jason's CAD model to DB to have a first version of STEP IV geometry in a MAUS release.
    Diffuser and cooling channel in two separate CAD files to be merged.
    • STANDS A first version without diffuser and less elements (simpler meterial breakdowsn) has however been uploaded to the DB
  • ACTION: Stefania to compile and verify Ryan's developer version
    NEW
  • ACTION translate TOF (from legacy files updated by Durga), DIFFUSER (CAD files from Jason) geometry to gdml and store to DB (Ryan)
    • STANDS - integrated legacy geometries for TOF, translation to GDML regarded low priority but will be done
  • ACTION: Integrate Absorber (MAUS Modules) by Pavel in new geometry and store to DB (Ryan)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: FIX tracker GDML files - problem in translation to MAUS Modules (Ryan and Chris H.)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: Improving TRACKER Geometry description - fibres outside fiducial region (Heidt)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: Victoria Blackmore to implement magnet field map interface (Victoria)
    • STANDS
  • ACTION: Integration of survey and geometry, all TOFs have now been surveyed. Propagate the survey info to CAD/DB (Jason)
    • NEW
  • ACTION: EMR GDML description. Stefania to invite Ruslan to next meeting, if the idea of providing simulation for STEP1 October run goes ahead
    • NEW

Updated by Ricciardi, Stefania about 8 years ago ยท 5 revisions