- Get ready for online running (close out TOF code and online code)
- Establish/finalise tracker work plan
- Close out any niggling simulation jobs
WH means Wilson Hall (ie. the high rise building). The number after it means what floor is it on. The X or XO usually means Crossover - so WH13X means Wilson Hall 13th floor - Crossover.
The lower floors of Wilson Hall do not have any connection between the two sides - you have to either use the elevators or stairs to move across. On the higher floors you can walk all the way around and some of those crossover sections have meeting rooms on them.
|Monday AM||Hornets' Nest WH8XO|
|Monday PM||Nu's Room WH12XO|
|Tuesday AM||Race Track WH7XO|
|10.00||Detector integration plan|
|Transfer matrices + optics|
|Tuesday PM||Fish Tank WH13XO|
|13.30||Online code overview|
|Wednesday AM||Nu's Room WH12XO|
|More data structure|
|Wednesday PM||Nu's Room WH12XO|
|Thursday AM||3 East|
|Thursday PM||West Wing WH10NW|
Cheap accomodation can be found in the Fermilab village and there is a block of rooms reserved. Please contact Chris Tunnell and Linda Coney to figure out how to get booked into that block. Rooms should be about 15 USD per night.
The usual hotels and short stay apartments can be found nearby. Free bottle of expensive champagne for every registrant.
There is no registration fee. Registrees listed here:
|Chris Rogers (RAL)||24-27 Oct||Detector integration plan; general support|
|Chris Tunnell (Oxford)||24-27 Oct||Online data quality - close out/review/tutorial; general support|
|Matt Littlefield (Brunel)||24-27 Oct||Merge geometry import; Step-2 like simulation|
|Peter Lane (IIT)||25 Oct||Optics code review/discussion|
|Anastasia Belozertseva (UChicago)||24 AM/PM, 26 AM only||Review pattern recognition; understand simulation/mc|
|Chris Heidt (Riverside)||24-27 Oct||Close out tutorials, argparse issues; start on tracker|
|Gene Kafka (IIT/FNAL)||24-27 Oct||Merge of Cerenkov code - Cerenkov geometry w. Littlefield. Progress on Sonnek code.|
|Edward Santos (Imperial)||24-27 Oct||Merge tracker simulation + digits|
|Oleg Lysenko (Chicago)||24-27 Oct||Revise tracker geometry?|
|Durga Rajaram (IIT)||24-27 Oct||Introduction to the code|
|Adam Dobbs (Imperial)||24-27 Oct||Define tracker workplan; define data structure|
|Summer Blot (Chicago)||24 AM/PM, 26 AM only||Review pattern recognition; understand simulation/mc|
|Rob Fletcher (Riverside)||24-27 Oct||Review TOF code/Yordan code|
|Pierrick Hanlet (IIT)||24 - 27 Oct||Run simulation|
|Pavel Snopok (IIT)||25 Oct||Optics code review/discussion|
|Linda Coney (FNAL)||26 Oct||Tracker discussion|
|David Neuffer (FNAL)||26 Oct||Optics discussion|
|Yagmur Torun (IIT)||?||Get code installed|
|Alan Bross (FNAL)||?||Tracker discussion|
|Ken Long (Imperial)||?||Tracker discussion by phone|
There was a doodle poll:
If we use a phone, the phone numbers are listed below. Please email email@example.com if you want to be involved in a discussion...
- UK: 0844 4 73 73 73
- Switzerland: 0848 560 347
- US: 1 415 363 0833 (or 1 646 652 0772)
- Italy: 0821 230 749
- Others listed below
- Skype +49 1803 001 178
PIN: 746868 (PIMUNU)
International Dial in numbers¶
- UK: 0844 4 73 73 73
- Austria 0820 4000 1502
- Belgium 070 35 98 66
- France 0821 230 749
- Germany 01803 001 177
- Ireland 0818 270 007
- Italy 848 391 819
- Netherlands 0870 001 909
- Poland 0801 003 533
- South Africa 087 550 0375
- Spain 902 885 318
- Sweden 0939 2066 300
- Switzerland 0848 560 347
- United States 1 415 363 0833 (or 1 646 652 0772)
- Skype +49 1803 001 178
- World +44 844 580 0555
Start of meeting plans¶
Wants to close out geometry CAD stuff. Jenkins build issue. There are 4 executables for uploading and downloading (current, time, run #). He will present these so people can learn about them. That'll be the focus of this meeting. 1.5 years left.
Helical track pattern recognition mostly there. Sent to Ray for review. Straight track pattern recognition in progress. Goal: straight track patter rec. + fit w/o energy loss for cosmic run.
Anastasia will take over when Summer goes on study abroad and use this stuff for her BA thesis.
- form plan with times requested by Rogers
- block diagram of tracker; updated dot figure
- Show how to make plots
- test for digitization - will be ready this week
- SciFiSD geant4 interface, half day work, needs help with seg fault
- update datacards!!! according to reference
- argparse cleanup - closeout this week!
- tutorial - closeout this week! Test with Pierrick.
- wants to use this to get involved with tracker group.
- KNow how unpacker works
- generate sonnek plots
- CKOV geometry w/ Littlefield
- wrote tons of TOF code; Yordan use it?
- needs to compare his version to trunk
- seems like he has a newer, well refactored version
- Rob to present Yordan's stuff
- Does TOF datastructure agree with Tracker data structure?
- Tracker in GDML, done
- geometry datastructure this week
- compare against NIM
- installation of MAUS
- Install, run MAUS. Make plots
- Installed. Need pointers
- Will work on wedge
- install on laptop - no mac support
- install at FNAL
1. Add view to SciFiHit data
2. Muck about with detector_name to hit/cluster, etc table
3. Put tracker/station/channel/view in sub-object
4. Discussion about track in/out object vs array
- Understand how to do MICE Event from DAQ => Rogers job