TOF code discussion¶
So there was a discussion between Rogers, Rob and Yordan after the online software meeting yesterday. We decided to split TOF code like
Data MC | | Digits Digits | / |------/ | Slab hits | Space points | Calibrated times | Tracks
Presumably each of the words is an output from a map object.We decided that:
- Yordan has responsibility for the unpacking step
- Rob has responsibility for the slab hits, space points, calibrated times
- Galina has responsibility for track reconstruction (importing Mark's code)
- Yordan has overall management responsibility
- Vassil is welcome to contribute, but we want him to focus on getting his thesis done. Can integrate with MAUS as a second step.
- We didn't assign a name to the Monte Carlo digitisation. There is something there already provided by Tunnell, may need another pass. Galina would be a good person for this potentially (needs input from Tunnell).
- We didn't set time frame for delivery of components. I think this is an important next step.
- We had a query/uncertainty on the overhead involved in splitting stuff into separate maps
- Yordan to define a data structure so the interface between the different steps is clear
- Yordan to explain task to Galina
- Rogers to review RealData code (in Yordan's branch)
- Rogers to investigate overhead of using separate maps rather than one map for all tasks