Physics shift procedure¶
Below is a routine procedure that physics shifters should go through in order to check status of datasets
If you need help with any of this, please contact Chris Rogers
- You need to subscribe to the
mice-opsmailing list (try looking on www.jiscmail.ac.uk)
- Any prerequisites as specified by the measurement coordinator
- Check the Elog
- Check that the elog was updated with a shift report for the data taking period.
- Check that you are satisfied with the level of reporting in the ELog
- At a minimum, the ELog should have the list of runs taken during the data taking, the aim of each run and an indication of success.
- Note any special circumstances described in the E-Log (e.g. failure of equipment, etc). If this can impact on the measurement, it needs to be reported
- Check the output from the reconstruction for the relevant runs
- Check that the data has been reconstructed okay
- Check that the online reco plots look okay - compare, for example, with this output that is believed to be okay
- Perform any analysis agreed in advance by the measurement coordinator or physics coordinator.
- Upload the physics_shifter_proforma
- link it to the table at Physics_shifts;
- cross-link it to the operations meeting page
- Proforma report is at physics_shifter_proforma
- Attend operations meetings and give a verbal report
Updated by Rogers, Chris over 5 years ago · 49 revisions