Blackmore, Victoria, 21 May 2014 09:56
h1. EMR Paper Phonecall, Wednesday 21st May, 9am BST
Discussion of the EMR paper's status and its requirements for publication
Present: C. Rogers, S. Middleton, K. Long, R. Asfandiyarov, A. Blondel, V. Blackmore
* *D. Rajaram:* Look at and comment on F. Drielsma's MAUS branch with EMR code
* *F. Drielsma:* Present first version of EMR results at June Collaboration Meeting
* R. Asfandiyarov/ *F. Drielsma:* Write detailed MICE note on EMR commissioning
* R. Asfandiyarov/ *F. Drielsma:* Start writing paper come July 1st (post June CM)
* *V. Blackmore:* Consult EMR group and Ed. Board re: suitable referees and provide a list of K. Long
* Status of the analysis is as presented in the analysis meeting of 11th May ("slides":http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/attachments/download/2083)
* All activity afterwards has focused on code migration to MAUS.
** F. Drielsma is implementing/moving the digitisation code to MAUS and working on the first step in the reconstruction (track finding algorithms)
** Then improvements to reconstruction algorithms
** Then improved results/plots.
* Timetable for code completion?
** 1 month for majority of code to be in MAUS
** Refined plots/refined analysis description in ~ 2-3 weeks
** C. Rogers feels that having someone such as D. Rajaram look over the code and commenting would be helpful.
* Time constraints?
** R. Asfandiyarov's thesis defence at end of June, thesis due in 2 weeks.
* Timeline for publications
** First version of results to be presented at June Collaboration Meeting for discussion
** Paper draft due by October Collaboration Meeting
** Paper writing to commence July 1st
* Requested help from computing/physics groups:
** Main concerns revolve around code. Questions are currently directed at Y. Karadzhov and/or C. Rogers. C. Rogers is happy to provide the level of support requested.
** No physics request, all of the analysis steps have been implemented
** Not integrating EMR into global reconstruction (and it is not required to do so)
** Policy is that there should be a detailed MICE note as part of documentation -- intention is to write this MICE note
** R. Asfandiyarov's PhD thesis and F. Drielsma's Masters thesis are parts of the documentation. Also conference talks and their associated write-ups.
** A NIM or JINST paper on the EMR would be appropriate
** V. Blackmore to consult EMR group and Editorial Board about appropriate referee's for the EMR paper. Present list to K. Long for selection.
** C. Rogers & S. Middleton seek to publish a paper on the beam polarisation using EMR data (a short NIM paper)
*** Requires EMR reconstruction to be completed, so approximately 3 months downstream of EMR publication.
*** Looking at first technical note by ~October
*** No conflict with EMR publication