Phone Call 2015-01-15¶
Analysis phone call, 15:00 GMT, 29th January 2015.
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine magnetic settings routine - do we imagine "equivalent coil"? Implement iron in MAUS? Run everything through OPERA?
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard magnetic settings for commissioning e.g. magnet currents for 420 mm beta in solenoid mode
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard beamline settings
- ACTION (Dobbs/Rogers): specify MAUS implementation of "estimate of the error on the field as a function of position" in detail and implement
- Is this really possible? John Cobb request, John Cobb to comment
- closed, unless someone can propose a reasonable implementation
- ACTION (Rogers): Need to consider how we staff the "accelerator physics" during running
- Policy document
- closed, no further comments received
- ACTION (Rogers): Xboa specification document
- In preparation - not ready for public yet
- ACTION (Rogers): Bring in Dobbs MAUS analysis framework to xboa?
- Posted to launchpad as https://code.launchpad.net/~scifianalysis/scifi/trunk, Rogers to review
- ACTION (Rogers/Rajaram/Blackmore): Official plots and publications pages
- reasonably close to completion;
- probably some further work required but this is a great start;
- need to find someone who can be a maintainer
- ACTION (Uchida): Organise field mapping of the iron for tracker alignment check
- ACTION (Rogers): Set the desired number of good muons following trigger revamp/what are the aims/scope?
- ACTION (Rogers): Redo trigger/data rate analysis with optimised beamline
- ACTION (Rogers): Redo trigger/data rate analysis with better transverse cut
- ACTION (Rogers): Check momentum spread/momentum cut effects (what happens to the beam if we make a bigger momentum spread)
- ACTION (Rogers): Look at TOF2 trigger effect on analysis (e.g. what are the consequences if we trigger downstream of the experiment on rate?
- ACTION (Rogers): Determine effect of increased dip depth in ISIS (e.g. what are the consequences if we take more particles into the experiment? does it help?)
- ACTION (Preece/Rogers): The project must ensure that results from the Step IV data-taking are obtained as soon as possible in order to support the UK application to STFC for remaining funding for the completion of the project.
- ACTION (Rajaram/Rogers): Investigate as a matter of urgency technical means to optimize the trigger efficiency for ‘good’ muons, and remove dataflow bottlenecks before the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Rogers): Plan and execute a blind ‘physics analysis challenge’ in order to ensure the readiness of the whole collaboration for data analysis, early in 2015.
- ACTION (Pasternak): Ensure optimization of the beamline settings in order to preserve matching at the entrance of the ionization channel and potentially increase the number of ‘good’ muons, during the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Boyd): Include a set of measurements in a configuration with large beta functions in Step IV data taking, in order to validate the muon tracking tools for trajectories with large displacements passing through nonlinear magnetic fields, and to explore the size of the cooling system apertures.
- Issues Arising
- CM41 Agenda any corrections/omissions ASAP please
- Data taking in March
- Trigger discussion
- Computing Questions about Data
- Field Mapping (Victoria Blackmore)
- Step IV Technical Paper
- Beamline (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Detectors (Melissa Uchida)
- Alignment Measurement
- Particle ID (Celeste Pidcott)
- Measurement of magnetic alignment (Chris Rogers)
- Quality of transported beam (Chris Hunt)
- Step IV First Demonstration of Cooling (Chris Rogers)
- Step I Papers (Victoria Blackmore)
- EMR paper
- Pion contamination
- MICE Demonstration of Ionisation Cooling (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Lattice close out by CM41; paper first revision soon afterwards
- Magnetics (Unfilled)
- Non-linear beam optics/measurement (Rob Ryne)
- Absorber and material physics (Unfilled)
- Scattering measurement
- Energy loss measurement
- Batch Production (Ryan Bayes)
- X-BOA (Chris Rogers)
- Online Analysis Tool (Chris Rogers)
- Date of next meeting
- January 29th
- February 9th (CM41)
- February 26th
- March 12th
Check copyright issues with official plots pageGRID MC stuff
- Hypothesis: we don't care about upstream beamline
- Decay solenoid setting will be fixed
- Plan to make an interpolation between settings
- Generate beam u/s of D1 and then propagate to D2
- Use reconstructed tracks at TOF0 as MC truth
ACTION: Adam Dobbs to develop estimate of computing resources (processor, storage) to run MAUS for 9 settings by Monday, 1e7 particles at TOF1
ACTION: John Nugent to develop estimate of computing resources (processor, storage) to run G4BL for 9 settings by Monday, 1e7 particles at TOF1
- e.g. run 1e3 good muons, multiply by 1e3 events, multiply by 9 settings
- How much storage, how much processing time?
Updated by Rogers, Chris about 8 years ago · 32 revisions