Phone Call 2015-01-15¶
Analysis phone call, 15:00 GMT, 15th January 2015. We will be in meeting room CR09 (ATLAS building breakout room).
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine magnetic settings routine - do we imagine "equivalent coil"? Implement iron in MAUS? Run everything through OPERA?
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard magnetic settings for commissioning e.g. magnet currents for 420 mm beta in solenoid mode
- ACTION (Pasternak/Rogers): determine standard beamline settings
- ACTION (Dobbs/Rogers): specify MAUS implementation of "estimate of the error on the field as a function of position" in detail and implement
- Is this really possible? John Cobb request, John Cobb to comment
- ACTION (Rogers): Need to consider how we staff the "accelerator physics" during running
- ACTION (Rogers): Xboa specification document
- In preparation - not ready for public yet
- ACTION (Rogers): Bring in Dobbs MAUS analysis framework to xboa?
- Posted to launchpad as https://code.launchpad.net/~scifianalysis/scifi/trunk, Rogers to review
- ACTION (Rogers/delegate): need an accelerator physics helper for the analysis of existing batch simulations closed, IIT student is helping
- ACTION (Rogers/Rajaram/Blackmore): Official plots and publications pages
- ACTION (Uchida): Organise field mapping of the iron for tracker alignment check
- ACTION (Preece/Rogers): The project must ensure that results from the Step IV data-taking are obtained as soon as possible in order to support the UK application to STFC for remaining funding for the completion of the project.
- ACTION (Rajaram/Rogers): Investigate as a matter of urgency technical means to optimize the trigger efficiency for ‘good’ muons, and remove dataflow bottlenecks before the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Rogers): Plan and execute a blind ‘physics analysis challenge’ in order to ensure the readiness of the whole collaboration for data analysis, early in 2015.
- ACTION (Pasternak): Ensure optimization of the beamline settings in order to preserve matching at the entrance of the ionization channel and potentially increase the number of ‘good’ muons, during the Step IV run.
- ACTION (Boyd): Include a set of measurements in a configuration with large beta functions in Step IV data taking, in order to validate the muon tracking tools for trajectories with large displacements passing through nonlinear magnetic fields, and to explore the size of the cooling system apertures.
- Issues Arising
- CM41 Agenda
- Field Mapping (Victoria Blackmore)
- Step IV Technical Paper
- Beamline (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Detectors (Melissa Uchida)
- Alignment Measurement
- Particle ID (Celeste Pidcott)
- Measurement of magnetic alignment (Chris Rogers)
- Quality of transported beam (Chris Hunt)
- Step IV First Demonstration of Cooling (Chris Rogers)
- Step I Papers (Victoria Blackmore)
- EMR paper
- Pion contamination
- Need a practice session for CM41 talks
- MICE Demonstration of Ionisation Cooling
- Do we need movable secondary absorbers? (Jaroslaw Pasternak)
- Magnetics (Unfilled)
- Non-linear beam optics/measurement (Rob Ryne)
- Absorber and material physics (Unfilled)
- Scattering measurement
- Energy loss measurement
- Batch Production (Ryan Bayes)
- X-BOA (Chris Rogers)
- Online Analysis Tool (Chris Rogers)
- Date of next meeting
- January 29th
- February 9th (CM41)
- February 26th (TBC)
- May need an Enge function (or equivalent) and then the usual power law expansion
- May just be okay between the trackers (with some modification needed to the external fields)
- Dread that we need a full OPERA simulation for every current setting
- Needs some investigation
- Jaroslaw to contact Holge for discussion
- IIT student will contribute
- Paul Soler has everything needed to complete the paper
- Paul Soler will distill down to new version of the paper
- Anticipate new draft easily 1 week in advance of CM41
- 29th January
- No update
- No update
- Nothing new
- Propose practice talks session on 29th January
- PID paper requires MAUS iteration due to error in unpacking. Fix needed urgently #1595
Updated by Rogers, Chris about 8 years ago · 19 revisions