Nugent, John , 17 October 2013 15:00
h1. Phone Meeting
*-Thursday 10th October- Thursday 17th October* at *15:00 BST (GMT+1)*.
Dial-in information is available "here":http://www.readytalk.com/an.php?tfnum=8667401260 where some numbers are:
| *Country* | *Number* |
| Switzerland | 0800705351 |
| UK | 08004960576 |
| USA | 1-866-740-1260 |
After connecting, type in the MICO access code (ie. *5673390*) then hit #.
h2. Preliminary Agenda
* Effect of Reduced Focus Coil current on MICE Step IV and Step VI attachment:Reduced-FC-Current-Slides.odp attachment:Reduced-FC-Current-Slides.pdf (Rogers)
* Step IV emittance study/tracker alignment algorithm (Santos)
* EMR Analysis/Run progress (Ruslan)
* G4beamline Step 1 comparisons (Soler/Bayes/Nugent)attachment:AnalysisMeeting1710.pdf
* TOF rate analysis (Durga)
* Gauging the success of Step IV (Blondel/All)
* Multiple scattering & energy loss models (Middleton)
* Dipole Field-Current Discrepancy (Nebrensky)
** Apologies, I'll be setting up the beamline as BLOC.
** Preliminary results still in eLog entry "2413":https://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/elog/MICE+Log/2413
*** Note that field in centre of dipole bore (long probe) is maybe 1% less than measured against pole (short probe) so not an explanation for a >5% discrepancy
*** As per "VB slide":http://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/attachments/1660/plot.pdf last time, should we be giving dipoles 2 minutes to settle at each setting? Or is 1 min enough? (tolerable error?) This would need enforcing via Run Control...
** Note also eLog entry "2141":https://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/elog/MICE+Log/2141 - inconclusive. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for from that analysis though!
** I've dug out and archived on the Grid our "official" field maps for Q35 quads and dipoles - eLog entry "2433":https://micewww.pp.rl.ac.uk/elog/MICE+Log/2433
* Next time:
** Quadrupole/TOF alignment study (Overton)
** Magnetic measurements (Blackmore/Leonova)
** Pion contamination in Step I (Domizia/Ole)
** Tracker Update (Dobbs)
** Date of next meeting: Proposed date is October 31st (NB: Clocks will have gone back in the UK at this point)
h2. Uploading presentations
Instructions on how to upload a talk if you're a presenter.
# Click on "edit" (and concentrate!)
# Click on the open box below "files"
# Browse and enter your file name (e.g. mytalk.pdf )
# Enter the following line in the agenda box below your name (without the 'pre' tags)
# (e.g. attachment:mytalk.pdf )
# and save